Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New problem with Hoyt Vectrix XL!

Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default New problem with Hoyt Vectrix XL!

I have string leaches on it and they keep falling apart. At first I did not think much of it so I put in a new one and went on with my day. Less than 50 shots later it did it again so I took it in and the dealer said the cam timing was off so they fixed it. Four months later it happened again. I checked the cam timing the best I can and it looks fine. Now I am thinking that string leaches just aren't for this bow. Has anybody else had simular problems?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Default RE: New problem with Hoyt Vectrix XL!

String leaches pretty much suck. Try the string shox, they are 100% better.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

I use the string shox, I was not sure what they were called. I talked with another dealer today and he said that they just don't last very long with you shoot alot. I had cat whiskars on my old bow and I think I will just go back to using them.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

i got a good 500 shots on my string shox and havent had a problem. my bow DOES go through a pair of alpha shox every year. they just deteriorate. my string shox look good still though.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 AM

My string leeches are doing fine. I don't shoot a lot, but I try to every day. They are holding up for me. Why do you think they suck?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Do your string shox have the leach fingers on them? If so, those are the hybrids, and I can't remember their name, but they are crap too. You may be as well, but I'm referring to the shox that are just an oval shaped, ribbed thingy.....(technical jargon, of course....[8D])
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

My string leeches are doing fine. I don't shoot a lot, but I try to every day. They are holding up for me. Why do you think they suck?
I could never keep the fingers from breaking off...If you have a set that they don't, I would love to know how you're doing that, seriously. I've never seen any last longer than a hundred shots or so.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have the trykon. I served in some cat whiskers up top and took out the alpha shox thingy. I left the one in at the bottom, but served it in as well. I don't really have a problem with either, once served in. The bottom alpha shox thingy kept sliding around a lot until I served it in.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have both string shox and cat whiskers and both have been on at least 1500 shots and show no visible trauma
Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 PM

I serve mine in if that makes any differeance and they are the new Ultra String Leeches. They are the ones that have the wings that go straight out, not the ones where the wings curve up.

Quick Reply: New problem with Hoyt Vectrix XL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.