Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance timing?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Allegiance timing?

Well, I decided to take the Allegiance out this past week and do some long range shooting. It was hot, 90+ degrees, but the bow was shooting great. I was grouping broadheads in a circle the size of a cantelope at 70 yards, so I was happy.

While inspecting my bow before putting it back in the case, I noticed my timing was off. I'm showing four full dots on the top cam and three and a tiny portion of the fourth on the bottom.

Do you folks think a timing issue this small is worth worrying about? How do I go about correcting it? This is the first time I've noticed any timing issues with the binary cams, so I have very little experience [none] when it comes to correcting it.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Default RE: Allegiance timing?

Huh, that's weird. I didn't even think it was possible with the Binaries. Mine are always even top and bottom even after I screwed with it to try and make them uneven by twisting the cables differently (just messing with the new binaries to see what I could do with them.) Try drawing and letting down a couple times and see if they stay that way or if they shift. Is your tiller the same or do you have one limb loaded more than the other?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Allegiance timing?

Don't worry about them being a little off at rest. At least that's what I was told by the shop. They shouldbe in time when you draw and through most of the draw cycle.