Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers and helical

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM
bigcountry

Default Blazers and helical

I put on some blazers that bohning sent me just to try em out. I put them on with my ez fletch, which usually puts on a ok helical. But at half the length as my regular vanes, it doesn't look like much. I have a bitzen so I can put a stronger helical on. Shoulda blazer have more of a helical on them?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Blazers and helical

I don't know what it looks like with your Bohning, but with my Bitz it looks good. They fly good too.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM

I don't use a helical fletcher on blazers I just offset my bitz and letch them
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

I don't use a helical fletcher on blazers I just offset my bitz and letch them
Me too, I just do right off set. Works great on blazers, and I've been using them for years.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 AM

Have you ever tried helical to compare?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Bitz with both the straight and helical clamps.

IMHO and some non quantative testing, the blazers with helical fly just a little better than with just offset.
I have shot blazers since they came out and have played with lots of configurations looking for that perfect setup. Right now, that is blazers with as much helical as the bitz will give me while allowing the vane full contact with the arrow shaft.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot blazers with helical and with offset. Maybe I am just a bad shot with either, but I did not see any difference. Personally, and this is just my opinion from my observations, I think the advantages of a helical fletch are best realized with 4" or longer fletchings. I think that if you are striving for the extra control that helical fletch will give you, why not just use 4" feathers? As far as I know the advantage of blazers is that they give you the same control as a 4" vane but with less weight. Well, a 4" feather weighs less than a blazer and gives you at least as much, I believe more, control. If you are concerned about very rainy weather then fletch 3 arrows with blazers and use those then.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the straight jig w/ offset and MDBUCKHUNNTER uses the helical jig w/ offset.He uses the same arrow set-up as me so I've shot his arrows out of my bowand it seems that his arrows fly just a little better if the bow is just a little out of tune. I guess the helical helps stabilize the arrow a little better with my bow.

When the bow is tuned I can't tell the difference between the 2 arrows.

When you look at the 2 arrows side by side you can definitely see the the helical on his arrows.

I've thought about buying the right helical jig to do some testing or just borrow his for a little bit.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 AM

I emailed Bohning about this topic last year. They recommend an offset using a straight clamp. I offset mine as much as I can making sure the vane is making full contact with the arrow. They fly great.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Did they give a reason for this? I am just curious.

Quick Reply: Blazers and helical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.