Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers and helical

Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazers and helical

I would supect because they tested their product extensively and found that this was the best configuration .
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM

No they didn't. I assume since the vane is so short, you can't putmuch helical anyway. I don't see what it would hurt though. I have only tried straight and with an offset. Offset definitely made a difference and works great for me.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM

davepjr, already said that comparing his offset fletched to a friends helical fletched you could notice a difference.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

if I use the straight clamp on my bitz and I can't glue my blazers on the whole length fi I go offset as far as possible.
So I changed it to less offset and now they are glued all the base of the vane.
I still am thinking of buying the helical clampto seeif it works, I think even with short vanes as the blazers it'll help your arrow fly better.

Or I could ask Bohning to make blazers with a larger base.....

F.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

BIG; I too just started shooting blazers,and like you I use the arizona ez-flecth with a helical. So far they fly great. I also would'nt worry much about too much of a helical,because with the arizona and only 2 inches of vane to work with there is not much of a helical on the vane to begin with.Just make sure you get total vane contact.I have noticed that I get better vane contact without a wrap for some reason,but thats ok I'll flecth them without a wrap and get a little more foc.I have had the staff at 3 different archery shops tell me they should do fine with a helical as long as there is good vane contact even though bohning recomends a 2 degree offset.Through experience a helical will outperform an offset vane when it comes to broadhead flight.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fletch mine with a helical as well - never tried setting them with an offset.

I pulled this straight from the Bohning website FAQ section:

Q: How should Blazer vanes be fletched?

A: We recommend fletching Blazer vanes with a helical or a 2 to 3 degree offset.

http://www.bohning.com/archery/1049.xml

Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM

There we go!!! I hope that sets the records straight for people who said that Blazers can't be fletched with a helical.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
bigcountry

Well, I worked and worked on my bow tonight. I measured only .7" clearance when my MZE is raised all the way up. The Blazers are 0.6", and I can't get any more clearance with my setup. Yep, I tried another hole on the MZE, and then my turnbuckle won't connect lowered all the way. If I set it up for higher clearance, when it drops, it will not be lower than my riser like it should so it kinda defeats the purpose cause now the fletch will hit the horn. When I rotate the fletch with cock fletch out, I get rid of my high nock tear but then get a nock left tear. I want soemthing to work with both duravanes and blazers.

Tearing off the blazers tonight. I had to give em a try. And maybe will again with a new rest on a different bow. The MZE is a great rest, I have two on two bows, and have had it since it came out, but it has limitations. Especially on straight limbed bows. I have no issues on my PSE Mohave. Seems if cables have alot of movement on the guard, it works better.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

There we go!!! I hope that sets the records straight for people who said that Blazers can't be fletched with a helical.
I do not believe anyone said they couldn't be fletched with a helical but I, for one, said that fletching them with a helical did not improve the arrow flight on the arrows I tested. So, what I said is that you do not gain performance by fletching them with a helical and, if I recall correctly, davepjr said there was no performance increase with a helical fletch when shot from a tuned bow. If fletching with a helical improves your confidence in your arrow then have at it, that alone will probably improvetheperformance of the arrow.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Performance wise there seemes to be no difference out of a tuned set-up. The helical just seemed to spin a little more and I'm wondering how much that would help in a high wind condition. It definitely seemed to help with a bow that is out of tune.

When I shot his arrow and mine my bow was a little out of tune and the helical seemed to stabilize this problem better. After that I corrected my rest my offsets flew great out. I shot 3D last monday and shot at a target 60 yds away and the offset looked great going through the air and ontarget.

Quick Reply: Blazers and helical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.