Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow spread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow spread

How can i tell if my arrows are true (EASTON PLATINUM PLUS 1916 ) .

Lastnight while practicing i hit the frame around my target with 3 arrows , yet i hit the target 15-16 before ok at 20yds .

Could it be my arrows are not true or could it be something else , how long is the life of an alluminium arrow . Mine came with the bow 2nd hand .
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Arrow spread

Get or make an arrow spinner and check them for straightness. Aluminum arrows do bend and that will really affect accuracy.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spin it and look for any wobbling at the nock or point.If it wobbles on any end,it's probably bent
Old 08-15-2007, 05:37 AM
bigcountry

Poor mans way of spinnin is just like spinning a top on the table. A wobble will show up in a hurry.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Curtis , would carbon arrows be a better choice .

Does carbon go out of shape like tha alluminium arrows ? or is it worth me getting a set as i have only had my bow 2weeks . ( first time bow newb ) . What i mean is , could i shoot better with Carbon and are they more accurate ? .

Which would you reccommend ? .

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Get or make an arrow spinner and check them for straightness. Aluminum arrows do bend and that will really affect accuracy.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

What i mean is , could i shoot better with Carbon and are they more accurate ?
All bows are more accurate than the nut shooting them.

Does carbon go out of shape like tha alluminium arrows ?
Carbons will go out of shape and the spine does weaken after repeated shooting.

Alums are straighter to begin with and are easy tostraighten if they get a slight bend.

Both have their strong points as well as their weak points.

As a newbie to the sport I would stick with the Alums as they are a heck of a lot cheaper than GOOD carbons, cause ya gonna bust some andlose some.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:47 AM

Yes I agree with Ausie. When your first starting out I would stick with the aluminums. They come straighter from the factory and have better tolerances than carbons. Once you have harvested a few animals with them and are more proficient in the sport you may want to upgrade but that will cost some money for qaulity carbon arrows. The sleeker diameter of carbons give better penetration, but the aluminums give more Kinetic Energy. Good Luck.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still learning , but Frank ( m9a9q9i9c ) said something in an email that made me think .
So i went to the cabinet and checked my arrows and the vanes are straight , not offset ! .
So if this is the case , will my arrows not be spinning and their for less accurate and not consistant ? . Just a thought .
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Well, I don't know if their not spinning at all, but it will be considerably less than offset or helical. I would fix that before buying new arrows. Straight vanes would definately affect accuracy. IMO straight fletching should be for Quikspins only.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Curtis

Well then , i best go get me some offset vanes or the 2" quickspin hunters i been looking at fitted and see how that improvesthings .

Dave

Quick Reply: Arrow spread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.