Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

parker problems-cam timing HELP

Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Default parker problems-cam timing HELP

i got a new parker buckhunter and when i pull it to full draw,...the top cam takes a little more pull to get it to turn its final turn. both limbs are cranked all the way in. both cams are set at 27inches. it is a dual cam,...thats probably my problem right there!!!! if anyone can help me,...i would appreciate it. if i had any hair,...i would have pulled it out by now.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:38 AM

Default RE: parker problems-cam timing HELP

simple fix. 1 of the cables needs a twist or so until they're hitting at the same time. you'll need a bow press to do this.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM

this is why I dont like Parker bows... bought one for my wife and can't keep the thing timed at all. Keep your eyes on it because its going to happen again.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

My whole family has Parker bows and have not had this problem yet! I know of some other brands with double cams having the same issue! It happens from time to time, no matter what the bow name is. Just keep an eye out for it and if you notice it, have it taken care of, really no big deal! Parker does have a lifetime warranty, use it!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

I know of some other brands with double cams having the same issue! It happens from time to time, no matter what the bow name is. Just keep an eye out for it and if you notice it, have it taken care of, really no big deal! Parker does have a lifetime warranty, use it!
x2

Parker makes a great bow, and they are some of the nicest folks in the business.

Any bow that has two cams (unless its a Binary/Trinary/Slaved Cam system) can come out of time/synch with each other. Its just part of the game. Can't blame the bow, it takes maintence, just like your car does.

Heck, even one cam bows can come untimed. If your string strectchs, your cam will not roll over at the correct moment during the shot... you end up with cam lean as well... all sorts of issues.