Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Tribute to Mathews Switchback?

Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Bowtech Tribute to Mathews Switchback?

I am a noob and I just bought a used 2006 Bowtech Tribute, my local shop dressed it up, it's just for target shooting so , I had it set to 51 lbs. Sight is a top gun single dot and a lightning rest. Got some arrows and the set up works great. This sport is addicting and was thinking about a second or back up bow...do I get another tribute? I found a used 2006 Mathews Switchback XL locally and the local shop speaks highly of them. Then again the shop carries both Bowtech and Mathews....

I have read a few post here where people are going from Mathews to Bowtech... am I doing things backwards?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:29 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Bowtech Tribute to Mathews Switchback?

I see great shooting bowtechs, and great shooting mathews. I see bad shooting bowtechs and just saw a real bad shooting drenelin a friend just bought. My advise, is when going up to that level of bow, check it out good. I would never buy a bow online used, unless it was from someone I trust.Look for limb pocket slop. Look for cam leaning. See if a person will let you shoot it. I like the switchback way more than the drenelin, thats for sure.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:54 PM

I guess I'm lucked out on buying a used one, the guy I bought from shoots for Team Bowtech and a fellow Sniperhide Member (I'm into guns bigtime). The shop whom set up my bow, said the bow was fine
Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM

the grip is different between the 2... i would hold out for another bowtech with similar grips... but i'm a mathews guy so i have 2 mathews similar grips easy to shoot!! i like fat grip vs. skinny grip!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok bongos, go lay down, take some deep breaths, and then you will come to your senses. Yes you are going in reverse, most people hang up the Mathews in exchange for Bowtech!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Bongos

I guess I'm lucked out on buying a used one, the guy I bought from shoots for Team Bowtech and a fellow Sniperhide Member (I'm into guns bigtime). The shop whom set up my bow, said the bow was fine
Lucky? Could be, who knows. No bow shop can say a bow is fine unless they are saying nothing obvious jumps out at them, unless they took it all the way down and checked every aspect of it from limb hole straightness to limbpocket slop to cam lean, etc, etc. All that matters if your happy. I just know I like to lower my chances of being disappointed as much as possible.

I also am a sniperhide member. Does that mean you want to buy some good swampland for development from me?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

there's nothing wrong with Mathews at all.....course I say that because I shoot a Mathews. and my local bow shop refuses to carry Bowtech products for some reason.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Hey BigC, do you have some swampland for sale???[&:]It's just that most members on that sight are very straight forward and honest...never had any issues, most stuff bought are much better than the description with option for return....Sites like Glocktalk and others tends to be less honest, I have bought guns packages where the gun would show up and mags and holster that was supposed to go with the gun never appeared...then was blown off by the seller even he said he forgot to send it...this happened twice... Where as SniperHide, I've seen where members go out of their way to correct the purchase, if there was a dishonest buy, members from that area would pay the suspect a visit...granted lots of the members are LE....great bunch of guys all together...

Think I'll take the advice in relaxing on the purchasing of a another box, kind of excited of the technology in archery with all the advancements from 15 yrs ago.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Bongos

Hey BigC, do you have some swampland for sale???[&:]It's just that most members on that sight are very straight forward and honest...never had any issues, most stuff bought are much better than the description with option for return....Sites like Glocktalk and others tends to be less honest, I have bought guns packages where the gun would show up and mags and holster that was supposed to go with the gun never appeared...then was blown off by the seller even he said he forgot to send it...this happened twice... Where as SniperHide, I've seen where members go out of their way to correct the purchase, if there was a dishonest buy, members from that area would pay the suspect a visit...granted lots of the members are LE....great bunch of guys all together...

Think I'll take the advice in relaxing on the purchasing of a another box, kind of excited of the technology in archery with all the advancements from 15 yrs ago.
Yea, I can be a middleman on some land for ya.

I have sold and bought several myself, from there. Ok as the next place. You do business enough on any of them, you find a bad one.

Enjoy your bow.