Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rotation Consistency??

Old 08-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Rotation Consistency??

Considering all the effort that goes into shaft straightness and fletching consistency, I would expect that all the arrows in my target would have the odd colored fletch in the same position at a given distance. Not so. The odd fletch varies from about1 o'clock to 6 o'clock. I can tell from watching the arrow in flight that it is rotating about one full turn at 20 yards. Why the inconsistency? I would expecteach shaft to have consistent rotation over the same distance. Groups are good, though . . . .
Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rotation Consistency??

if yer talkin about your arrows spinning the exact same amount before they get to the target ( ? ), then just think about this, if your bow is an inch close or farther than the last shot from the target thats the much more your arrow can spin...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:55 AM

Also the arrows are still spinning when they enter the target. Your target would have to be a PERFECT medium in order to stop the arrows the EXACT same way every time. Are all your arrows the same distance in the target every time, I don't mean close I mean the same, like down to a 16th of an inch. Probably not.

A cross wind could effect it as well. If one arrow had more of a cross wind during flight it might spin the fletchings faster than the others did. A head or tail wind would do the same thing, since it would simulate the arrow going faster or slower.

Paul
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's just way too many variables involved to allow that kind of consistancy.