Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Basic Archery Help???

Old 08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Basic Archery Help???

Ok...i have a Hoyt Lazertec, set at 55 Lbs with a 30 inch draw.

Ive been reading all kinds of post on arrow FOC and spine and weight and all this other crap. When i first got my bow i went out and bought Easton ST Epic arrows and shot slik tip field points and Muzzy MX-4 broadheads and i killed a deer no problem. Now during the off-season i started reading all this stuff.....is my set up ok? I mean i never cared about spine and FOC and my bow shoot pretty straight....is there anything i should be concerened about?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Basic Archery Help???

You can kill a deer with a homemade bow, and a sharp stick. All the FOC crap is and spine is the difference between getting all you can with your bow, or just getting some out of your bow.

What kind of damage will a motorcycle do to a building flying a 65 miles an hour do? Or what will a one ton truck do to a building do traveling at 55 miles an hour do.

Yes you can kill deer with under spined un weight arrows, but how good of an archer and how much do you want from you bow... You are the only one that can determine that.

If you don't care, then it's all crap!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Shouldn't have said crap.[&:][8D]
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Shouldn't have said crap.[&:][8D]
Ive noticed that
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can shoot well out to long ranges don't worry about it. If you do not plan on shooting past 60 yds don't worry about it if you can shoot well.

It's a matter of howmuch tinkering and extra cash you have if you want to start changingthe spine and FOC of the arrow. If you are happy with your set-up then don't worry about it.

My 12% FOC arrows can hit inside within 3 inches of each other at 53 yds consistently if I shoot right. Most of the time they hit right beside each other until I shoot a flier. So, I don't worry about it.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

Ok...i have a Hoyt Lazertec, set at 55 Lbs with a 30 inch draw.

Ive been reading all kinds of post on arrow FOC and spine and weight and all this other crap.
[:@]
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rev, I didnt mean to offend you or anybody who does this stuff with my comment. I was just trying to see if its worth putting all the extra time and money into everything. I use my bow mostly for hunting and some 3D shooting but never at long distances.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

Rev, I didnt mean to offend you or anybody who does this stuff with my comment. I was just trying to see if its worth putting all the extra time and money into everything. I use my bow mostly for hunting and some 3D shooting but never at long distances.
Especially if your going to be shooting some 3D's you really need to have the right arrow for you draw weight, draw length. It will just take you to the next level. Don't go and start buying stuff, read, see what experienced shooters say. Shoot with above average shooters and ask questions, you can take archery as far as you want.

And you didn't offend me Cay.... I just take archery very serious. Those thingslike spine, FOC, speed,broadheads, strings, rests, sightsare what will give you the edge. What I think is crap, is shooters leading others down the wrong path. They think they know it all, when they in fact don't know squat! I see that here a lot!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rev, I didnt mean to offend you or anybody who does this stuff with my comment.
Oh dont worry about Ole Barney Fife he is down to 2 arrows and I have not got his new ones made up yet

was just trying to see if its worth putting all the extra time and money into everything.
For me it is worth all the time, effort and moneyI have put in to get the best arrow flight I can with a very hard hitting arrow.My arrows are now moderately heavy (494gr's)with a high FOC (24.8%).

Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Rev, I didnt mean to offend you or anybody who does this stuff with my comment.
Oh dont worry about Ole Barney Fife he is down to 2 arrows and I have not got his new ones made up yet

was just trying to see if its worth putting all the extra time and money into everything.
For me it is worth all the time, effort and moneyI have put in to get the best arrow flight I can with a very hard hitting arrow.My arrows are now moderately heavy (494gr's)with a high FOC (24.8%).

Oh, don't you start with me you bigsissy! I am notBarney anymore.. I fletched up several I had in laying around, and used several I had that were crested in my display case for the retired bow.You know Icouldn'tkeep myhands of my new release.( Awesome) Thanks --ss.

Oh, I noticed you didn't tell them why I am short on arrows... Keep breaking them with shot placement!

BTW where are the arras? I THINK YOU FORGOT TO PAY FOR THEM.

Why haven't you invited all to come to the Bowtech ExtremeTrailer@ the TexasHunters Extravganza in Ft. Worth Aug-17th- 19th... you afraid they will wonder why I let you hang out with me.You should post that somewhere. They can come out and shoot the Commander and the Guardian..

Quick Reply: Basic Archery Help???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.