Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best arrrow set up

Old 08-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Default RE: best arrrow set up

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The GT 7595's would be underspined atyour arrow length and a 125 gr tip @ 70 lbs and a 29" arrow.

You'd probably need a spine of .320 or stiffer from any manufacturer for an arrow that long and definitely with a 125 gr tip. You probably should the shorten the arrow as recommended by Joe PA if pssible with your bow.

My buddy has a 29" draw and uses a 28" arrow and 125 gr tip with the 7595 series and is slightly overpined for his Matthews. That same arrow for me is underspined for my Allegiance.
I think there is another factor here to be considered like what is referred to above. Dave mentions itbeing the differencein the camsbetween the two manufacturers, Mathews and Bowtech or any other maker, one is a bit less hard whereoneis a bit more in cam turn over. I know several bow techs that believe this and your saying the same arrow will performdifferentwhen shot out these two bows. Especially when your close in spine changes for the charts made for an arrows use. Just my .02
Old 08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best arrow set up

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Ok John.

Let me ask youa couple ofquestion before Idesign an arrow for you.

At what ranges are you going to be shooting? Is it going to be normal hunting ranges inside 30 yards or long range hunting and target shooting?

Now before I can run the program to come up with an arrow I will also need bow make, model and your preference to what weight head and fletching.
Ausie,

Wouldn't you also need an arrow put through a chronowith his bow infoand the arrow info for the arrow used? The programs are only moderately accurate without that info unless you already have his bow in your system that was chrono'd and you adjusted the IBO.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't you also need an arrow put through a chronowith his bow infoand the arrow info for the arrow used?
Dave.

The program I have does not require me to shoot through a crono to get the right arrow
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

With the OT2 I can subtract 10 fps or so and be real close. However, without every piece of info I don't see how it's possible to be right on?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:44 PM

i know how fast i'm going to shoot the arrows before i even build them, or buy them.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave.

Trust me I have done enough tests with arrows thatAA has come up with to know it is that close it is not funny.

I dont use OT2 as I found it to be too unreliable.

Even the estimated speed AA comes up with is only off by 1 or 2 fps.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I believe my set up is over spined I am shooting the cx maxima 350 with 28 inch arrows out of a 60# vectrix with 100 gr broadheads. 2 inch blazers.

I have a very tight group and all seems well.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Dave.

Trust me I have done enough tests with arrows thatAA has come up with to know it is that close it is not funny.

I dont use OT2 as I found it to be too unreliable.

Even the estimated speed AA comes up with is only off by 1 or 2 fps.
I wish I would have known that before I got OnTarget. I must say, that setups vary so much, I would expect any program to be somewhat inaccurate. If someone has a lot on the string, or an odd draw length (slightly different string or cable length), dips their arrows, pulls extra hard into the valley or has some other factor that is not typical, the program would be off. It seems to me that a crono reading would be neccessary for real accuracy on any individual setup.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr October

I believe my set up is over spined I am shooting the cx maxima 350 with 28 inch arrows out of a 60# vectrix with 100 gr broadheads. 2 inch blazers.

I have a very tight group and all seems well.
Very easy to correct. A combination of increasing tip weight and increasing draw weight will weaken the dynamic spine. Do it while bareshaft testing and you can get it just right. A side benefit will be increased FOC.

I have a wide assortment of tip weights and insert adapters I use when tuning my arrows. I would recommend every serious shooter to have such an assortment.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Fork Horn

By switching to a 125 gr broadhead do you think the arrow would drop to the point I would have to resight my bow. I have a single pin HHA sight and it is sighted in from 20-60 yrds with the correct tape ( the sight has a unique way of sighting in )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.