Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Binary Cam Lean

Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Binary Cam Lean

Wow! I measured my cam lean on the '06 Old Glory I've been having issues with and the string deflects nearly 3/4" to the left (RH bow) between static and full draw. I know how to correct this on a yoke system but is there anything to be done with a binary setup other than move the rest out farther? It even appears that the cams are dragging the inside of the limb right in close to the axle/bearing.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Binary Cam Lean

Man, thats not right. I know you know this, but I would send back to bowtech. 3/4" is alot. There is some advantages to afixed yoke system

Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
There is some advantages to afixed yoke system
Yeah, I liked the idea of the binary cams... at first.[&:] Now I'm tempted to put on some longer axles and make a set of yoked cables for it. I've got it shooting okay but that much lean just ain't right. My trusty old Hoyts shoot a lot better.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kodiak, if your cams are leaning enough to make limb contact, you need to have it looked at it by the shop where you purchased the bow.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Kodiak, if your cams are leaning enough to make limb contact, you need to have it looked at it by the shop where you purchased the bow.
That's funny, I purchased it from me...[&:] (The store I was working at closed down in Jan.) Never seen this on any other bow to nearly this extent and if I have seen any cam lean, it's been a yoke system so I've been able to correct it. It's not the tip of the cam that's touching in the limb cutout, it just seems the bearing surface near the axle has a little excessive wear.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:58 PM

i checked out my constitution w/ len's full draw tool and a spott hogg laser. i owned it about 5 more minutes. darton's new system is interesting, but the yoke is only 6 strands, which make the end loops 3 strands per side - which is frikkin' nuts imho.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 PM

Just a newbie question, that I thinkI have asked before but forgotten, does only the top cam lean on a dual cam bow(because of the yoke) or can both? Also, do idler wheels lean on a single cam bow?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:51 AM

Cam lean on the Binary's seems to be something you have to live with. 3/4" is alot , but I don't know if it's excessive. Was it that bad before??
If your centershot has not changed I'd say it's always been that way.
I believe the lean is why the center shot on the bowtech's is so far out. My 06 Tribute is 15/16". I have alot of lean...more than i would call "right",
but it shoots great.
I checked the axles and limbs for cracks. No problem w/ either.

I would be curious to hear from more Bowtech shooters on this issue.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 AM

rb, yes idlers lean, and so do bottom cams, but on non-dually's you can't do anything about it.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:42 AM

I know that you have to adjust the yoke to get the cam to stop leaning and back on center, butI have only seen a yoke on the top cam, how do you adjust to get your dual cam bow's bottom cam back straight?

Quick Reply: Binary Cam Lean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.