Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help please

Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
DMP

Default Help please

I need some advice. Im shooting a Parker Pheonix 34 at 65lbs, 28" draw, 27" Beman ICS Hunter (400's) arrows with feather fletchings, quick tune 2000 rest and toxonic sites. Anyway my problem is my fletchings are rubbing the cable on the drop away rest. The bow has been tuned and is dead on. Ive tried the arrows with cock feather up and with it down. Can I get a smaller fletching to solve my problem or do I have bigger problems?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help please

did ya try to rotate the fletchings to get maximum clearance? probably cock vane out...shooting a drop away it shouldnt matter...but i could be wrong on that..

i put a Alpine Mach5 cable slide on my bow and it pulled my cables away from my rest...thats another option...they make low profile vanes..but dont know if theyd help/would be good with broadheads...

how did you get a perfectly tuned bow with clearance problems anyways?? somehow that sounds impossible....
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 PM
DMP

As far as how did I get it tuned with clearance problems I dont know. Its shooting bullet holes on the paper and im dead on up to 35 yds. I havent tried anything longer than that yet. I just started seeing little bits of feathers flying in my face everytime I shot and now my fletching closets to the bow is starting to get flat at the top where it is rubbing. I know for a fact its hitting the rest cable but maybe even the bow itself. But I was there when he tuned it and all levels were level and the laser was dead on as well as the cams and string were straight.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i didnt think a bow with clearance problems could shoot bullet holes through paper...but now that i see your shooting real feathers, i think thats our answer...they are just smashing because they are soft...vanes i dont think you could get a good hole with clearance issuses because they are more ridgid...

try rotating the fletchings for max clearance...if that dont work id try an aftermarket cable slide...best of luck....
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
DMP

Can I just turn the knocks on them?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06
try rotating the fletchings for max clearance...if that dont work id try an aftermarket cable slide...best of luck....
Yep, the feathers are the reason for the good flight with contact. That's a rest that has the control cable attached to the cable slide so you're stuck with it that way unless you change rests. If you can't rotate the nocks to get the fletchings to clear, and you can't adjust the cable guard out a touch, a different rest with a control cable hooked into the down cable of the bow may be the only option.

Edit: You might try moving the prong assembly out on the rest control bar one set of screw holes and then sliding the whole control bar and knob to the right to get back to center shot, that should move the control cable to the right as well just enough to get clearance.