Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Will I notice a difference??

Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Will I notice a difference??

Im getting ready for the season and need new arrows. Ive got 10 GT Prohunters 5575.

I need to get new arrows for the season... If I get GT XT hunters 5575 will I notice a difference? Will my bow need to be retuned? I know it might need resighting....

Im leaning towards just paying some more and getting the pro's but I could get 2 doz. XT hunters for the price of 1 doz. pros...

Decisions, decisions.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Will I notice a difference??

The only difference is in straightness and weight tolerances (better). Shouldn't make a difference in how they shoot if they are configured the same as your current arrows.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cut from both ends (@ 28" you should have room for this) to help eliminate the ends where most imperfections are, and then sort them by weight. I think you will be surprised. I used XT's last year for hunting because the Pro's were in low supply and the 3 deer I killed with them didn't seem to notice.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rick, Actually im down to 27", and could sneak another inch off the arrows if I wanted to.

I might just order 2 doz XT hunters, and retire my pro's for target practice.... most have been shot alot and are probably weaker on spine. Plus I just like having all of them be the same.

If I didnt just buy an engagement ring I'd be gettin 2 doz. CAA's from GT!!!

but, w/ the wedding coming and house payments starting soon, I gotta be conservative
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Cut from both ends (@ 28" you should have room for this) to help eliminate the ends where most imperfections are, and then sort them by weight. I think you will be surprised. I used XT's last year for hunting because the Pro's were in low supply and the 3 deer I killed with them didn't seem to notice.
Matt's right on with this advice. If you call GT they will tell you the same.

I use the XT's and cut off the end with more wobble and typically have great arrows when I'm finished. I've even gone the extra step and scraped off the GT logo when I added my wraps so they look better. If I didn't there would be logos all over the place.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive scraped off the logos too, but its a PIA. And im gettin the advantage timber arrows anyway so scraping wont look as nice.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

no diff other than consistancy. logo's come right off with a solvent like pvc pipe cleaner or even laquer thinner unless thev'ev change in the past few years. never liked the finish of the GT's ( to noisie on the draw). didn't try this when I did use them, but have this year on some cx's cross weave. made a tube and dipped themwith some high gloss spar varnish (exterior). Smooth as glass and only 6 grns. heavier. deadly quiet.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cut from both ends (@ 28" you should have room for this) to help eliminate the ends where most imperfections are
I wish I could do that. With my arrow rest in the standard position, GoldTips are just long enough for me to sand the ends square before installing tips and inserts. I'm left with about 1/2" of overhang past my rest. Yep, there are some folks who still have a bonafide reason to use overdraws.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

PVC Pipe cleaner for removing the labels??

does it leave an odor?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

PVC Pipe cleaner for removing the labels??

does it leave an odor?
I'd be more worried about it softening the resins used to assemble the shaft and creating a weak arrow...

Quick Reply: Will I notice a difference??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.