Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Jo Jan fletcher...Sloppy loose?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Jo Jan fletcher...Sloppy loose?

I just bought a Jo Jan single fletcher and when I put the arrow in the nock receiver and place it in jig, the receiver fits kinda loose in the jig. When the bearing pops into the notches you can rock it back and forth a little? Is this OK and normal? I feel like with it like that my vanes would be off a few degrees one way or the other? Any of you guys see this before?

Thanks, Jason
Old 08-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Default RE: Jo Jan fletcher...Sloppy loose?

I this for your crossbow bolts or for actual arrows, Jason. They will need a different reciever for the bolts I believe. I have not used the Jo-Jan, but it's the same with the Bitz.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 PM

They are for the Excal Gold tip arrows. The arrow goes into the aluminum receiver nice and tight, I bought the CB adapterand that I am not worried about, its good and snug. It's the receiver that I put into the jig that is kinda loose. Are they all sloppy and maybe you blitz guys are laughing at me? I just would think keeping it tight would be critical and not being able to rock back and forth in the jig? Also, I keep calling it the "receiver" not sure if that is what it is called, but its the little thing that you put the nock of your arrow in to set your fletchings at different angles.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

JoJan's only got gravity holding the clamp in place, and it is kind of a sloppy fit, but if you put the clamp in there and leave it alone, it'll do a great job. It'll find it's way to the same spot every time.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM

O ok, wasn't sure because I made the mistake of taking off my dads old fletching's on his bolts thinking I would redue them fo him. Then when I put them in the jig, plop on the floor. I had forgotten to get the crossbow bolt adapter, but it will be on order soon so I can finish them.