Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Draw Weight...

Old 08-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Draw Weight...

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

How many twists and can safely add to a string before you start to notice issues? Quite a few?

And for every... Three twists add one to the cables?
Honestly, you aren't going to negatively affect a string with twists unless it is physically starting to kink. The only negative side affects can be that if it is twisted at a faster rate outside the served area, sometimes it can be a chore to get your peep to stay alignedat both static and full draw. Three twists to the string/one to the cables should keep the timing relatively close, but look at those timing marks before doing anything and make sure it is somewhat close when done adding twists.
Thanks for the information, bud. I'll play around a bit on Saturday with one of the store bows and see if I can't fix it. If so, we'll know I'm not a complete idiot!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanna know how this one goes keep me updated Dan.
Brent
Old 08-02-2007, 05:23 PM

I've noticed this too on the spring scale at my club. My Tribute would be maxxed and it read about 67 or so. Thanks for bringing this up.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My '07 Allegiance maxes at 75#. That' with everything at spec.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:53 PM

Well, I took my Allegiance in to work today and tossed her on the scale.

She read a bit light, but closer than any of the other Bowtechs. She maxes out at 69.48lbs.

I would have tried several times to find an average, but we were swamped all day. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I may add a twist or two to my strings.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, thats pretty interesting. This is why these forums are such a great way to find out information.

Dan you must look like a pro at work now after fixing the problem .
Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 AM

first thing i'd do is check the drawlength of the bows. i'd also cut down rickjames formula a bit since its a binary bow. not quite 2:1 in adding twists as its binary and not single and the string isn't quite twice as long as the cables, at least this is my experience so far. i'd get the bow at advertised drawlength (if possible) and then re-check poundage. the other specs - advertised ata and bh and such - blah, who cares.

at advertised drawlength, if the bows don't reach peak poundage - if anyone asked they'd probably be given new limbs.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

This may sound off the wall but check the let-off. We had a guy that is having problems with his Bowtech. Bowtechs seem to be really sensitive to let off. If you have too many twists in one cable, rather than the other, you could actually lock one up. Then you have problems . If the let off is off add twists like everyone else has said until you get it to 80%