Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Question

Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Sight Question

I am shooting a G5 optix me sight and have the pens max all the way up and the adjustment isn't all the way up but not far from it. But my question is if I moved the sight to the second mounting holes that will pull the sight in closer to the bow will that make it shoot higher or lower causing me to lower my pins any advise appreciated
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight Question

Before doing anything with the sight, Is your bow tuned properly, correct arrow spine and good fletching clearance?Check to make sure your arrow rest is in the correct position. Check your tiller. The arrow should be aligned with the rest mounting holes in your riser while sitting on the rest and knocked on the string. Also check the nocking point on the string make sure it is not too high or too low. Then check your "Center Shot" and paper tune if you can to get a descent hole, then sight in. Your sight should be in a better position for adjustments now.Sighting in on a bow that is not setup properly will often cause you to run out of adjustment when sighting in. Good Luck
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Sight Question

yehit is shooting bullets, 4 inch group at 30 yards its just that my pens are all the way to the top it is a brand new bow and was tuned about 2 weeks ago when I bought it. I can move the hole sight adjustment up but was not wanting to move it up anymore than it already is I was hoping that moving it to the other mounting holes would help lower it..