Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

maint vs new upgrade

Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default maint vs new upgrade

I was reading the post about the free bow vs a new one. It made me think about some chats I have had with some. They buy a new bow as soon as it comes out and shoot it for the season and thenabout this time of year they sell it (ebay or whatever) They claim they strip the bow and sell it any they claim to loose very little money! This is with a top end bow as they seem to hold value better. I just can't believe it. I would never pay much for a used bow no matter the condition. It seems It would be cheaper than a new string and tune up troublesif you are paying a proshop for the work. What is you experence with this.
PS:: one guy says he has best luck with mathews. Is that cause the people that shoot them are nuts to begin with!! LOL....
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: maint vs new upgrade

Bows loose value faster than new cars.

A 1 year old bow is doing pretty well to have 60% of its original value on the used market (even if the bow is in excellent condition).

Anybody that tells you they don't loose money every year when they sell their 1 year old rig is
1) Smoking some pretty good stuff
2) Not really telling the truth
3) Has an amazing dealer cost hookup at a shop.

Even given #3, you still will loose money after a year.