Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

noise??? Limbsavers-vs-Shockfins

Old 01-16-2002, 07:12 PM

Default noise??? Limbsavers-vs-Shockfins

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and really like it.Just to let all know I have been doing a little test on noise reduction on my crossbow and compound. I have tested the Limbsavers against the Shockfins. First I found only about a 4 dec. drop with the Limbsavers no matter how I positioned them. Then I got some Shockfins from Cabelas. First I wasn't sure they would be any better. Once the were on the difference was night and day. I tested as much as 9 dec drop. The limbsavers didn't last too long on my 185 lb TenPoint crossbow (48 shots) and I could see them start to separate. The fins are still on and doing fine (100+ shots). They are supposed to reduce torque on the limbs which is important especially on split limbs. Has anyone else tried either of these products?
Old 01-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: noise??? Limbsavers-vs-Shockfins

i use limb savers--what are shockfins and where do they go?
Old 01-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: noise??? Limbsavers-vs-Shockfins

I have limb savers on one bow and shock fins on another. I agree with your findings.
I didn't test them as technically as you did I just played it by ear and the Shock fins made the most difference. Not only that but they were on clearance when I got them, I just bought them to give 'em a try since they were selling on clearance for $5 I gave them a try and I am impressed. I am thinking about buying the remainder at the store and tossing the limb savers. Maybe I'll use the Limb savers for the end of my stab.