Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

serving wear on vulcan

Old 08-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Default RE: serving wear on vulcan

ORIGINAL: TradTech

I called Hoyt last Friday regarding a couple different questions as well as why the serving was separatingon the cable of thelower cam.

Two things, either it is a Fuse serving problem, or a burr. He said the burr would be very recognizable as well you should be able to feel it.

I scoured my lower cam and found no imperfection in thecable groove or anywhere near the flat.

I told him that I had recently replaced the fuse with a WC harness. He said to keep an eye on the situation and if I noticed the serving separating to call them and they would send new cams to the closest Hoyt dealer for me. All I had to do was pick them up, drop off my set and I'd be good to go.

I do all of myown mechanic work on my bows and thought that was an equtiable solution should I need assistance.

Still no sign of wear on the WC.I checked another fella that I know who just picked up a Vulcan and inspected his lower cam. His was identical to mine. He's a machinist and said that everything looked good andwhat I had found on my cam was meerly a machining mark andassured me it would have nonegative effect on my cable and that it was not a burr.

Just thought I'd share this info.
Thanks for the info.