Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trykon string shox

Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Trykon string shox

Just curious i don't have a chrono at home I was shooting about 268. My string shox after all my summer shooting have finally hadit (one ripped, frayed whatever its dead)it so i removed them both i am not a speed freak looking for increases but would you expect to increase or decrease speed like i said doesn't matter just curious. I really don't audibly notice the bow being any louder w/out them.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:43 PM

Default RE: Trykon string shox

They are SUPPOSED to act like speed nocks as well. I took mine off, and it made 1fps difference.
I put 2 speed nocks on about 3in. fromeach cam and added 4fps. and didn't notice any sound difference at all.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:29 AM

They were desighned to help with string oscillation and in turn reduce noise. But, the truth is if you want to quiter her down go with leeches.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM

Don't know about the Trykon, but I took them off of my Vectrix and slowed down 7 fps........Yeah, I put them bad boys right back on.....