Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GKF PowerDrop-Here's a look!!

Old 01-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GKF PowerDrop-Here's a look!!

I'm confident GKF would not have brought the rest to market if the launchers could come back up and hit the arrow before it's cleared. I doubt this is an issue.

Old 01-02-2003, 08:45 PM
8PT

Personally I can't see any advantages that this rest has over the fall away rest I am using now but I do see some potential disadvantages. It has no containmentment to keep the arrow in position if you should need to tilt your bow to much of any degree to manuver around limbs or other obstructions to get into shooting position. It does not appear to have any method of fine tuning timing of the launcher drop. Could create excessive wear on cables from constant banging/ rubbing on the bumper, water or dust accumulation on the sliding actuator rod looks like trouble in the making. Maybe I am wrong on all these issues but I don't see myself spending hard earned money to find out when what I have works just fine.

Old 01-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW....there are a lot of skeptics here. I think you guys are really making the rest sound a LOT more complicated then it is. I strongly encourage all of you to at least take a look at this hot little rest when you get a chance. I think many of you will be surprised, and just may end up bolting one onto your favorite bow this season. I do think it's very important to keep an open mind when checking out any new product. Plus we all must remember GKFs reputation for building the best rests in the industry. All we can do now is wait to see the slow-mo video that will be available on their new site soon. That will prove how sweet the new PD is going to be.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:12 PM

So will the PD work on a Mathews Legacy? I dont think the cable go forward like a bow with a cable guard. Can someone fill me in? i like the looks of this rest.
ryan
Old 01-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

After having seen the PD in action, the rest does indeed require some forward movement of the cables. I think this will eliminate the Legacy and the Icon. I don't think you're getting any forward cable movement are you???
Old 01-06-2003, 04:45 PM

no the power drop will not work with the legacy or Icon. I a better solution would be the hunter elite for those bows.