Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GKF PowerDrop-Here's a look!!

Old 12-31-2002, 11:03 AM
8PT

Default RE: GKF PowerDrop-Here's a look!!

GKF, why did you not make the launcher arms where they would help hold the arrow on the rest while hunting? This is one of the more appealing features of some of the other rests. Looks like the cables slapping/rubbing against the bumper could eventually cause wear and noise.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:35 PM

8pt...The Power Drop is equipt with the Silent CRADLE Launchers that
hold your arrow in place all the time.
Remember the PD always has the Arrow in the up position and it is never bouncing or moving around like other Fallaways when in the predraw mode.
There is no Noise on this rest at all!
You need to try it, you will be amazed!
GKF Tech

Old 12-31-2002, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

GKF certainly has my attention with the new Power Drop. I have been waiting to get my hands on this hot little number for weeks. I heard about the new PD weeks ago from my dealer and then he even called me when the GKF Rep came to demo the rest. I believe most of the concerns mentioned here are not going to be a problem. The rest seemed to be of quality contructions. It was simple and very quiet. As a matter of fact, I was surprised at just how simple the rest was. You can bet I will be picking up one of these rests and putting it thru its paces. Actually, I want to try all three of the new GKs and see how they work.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Can the "plunger" be adjusted horizontally to accomodate the many different cable guard configurations, so that the cables hit in the center of the pluger? Or does the PD use different diameter bumper ends and have the cables hit off-center?

Old 01-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a speed limit on it like say with bows over 280 fps the arrow is gone before it can drop ?

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 01-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad that I have finally been able to see one. This definitely looks like it is going to get purchased as one of my new equipment additions this year. I hope that it works as good as it looks.

Old 01-02-2003, 09:12 AM

How does the rest reset itself? I am assuming by spring tension. If this is the case wouldn't the rest have a possability to pop back up and hit the arrow?

Just curious as to the reliability of the reset.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

After the shot as the cables move back, the rest is free to move back to its up position under its own spring tension. As easy and simple as you could want in a Fallaway. The rest wil surprise you.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

And what's the MSRP?

And is there any related FPS loss?

Edited by - Rangeball on 01/02/2003 11:52:03
Old 01-02-2003, 10:54 AM

Will there be an adaptor to make it work with bows with cable guard rods below the grip? Will it work on bows like the Oneida?

Quick Reply: GKF PowerDrop-Here's a look!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.