Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TIMEING ISSUE

Old 07-23-2007, 06:25 AM

Default TIMEING ISSUE

Has any onesHoyt`s cam & 1/2 gone out of time, once,twice ? How did you correct it ?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TIMEING ISSUE

By twisting or untwisting either the control or buss cable. This is assuming your harness system is not severely stretched. Sometimes it only takes a little tweaking to get the cams back into the correct rotation to where they are hitting the draw stops at the exact same time, Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 AM

There the original string & cable.Will new string & cable help to resolve the problem ? thanks .......
Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

By twisting or untwisting either the control or buss cable. This is assuming your harness system is not severely stretched. Sometimes it only takes a little tweaking to get the cams back into correct rotation to where the top and bottom cams are hitting the drawstops at the same time. The cable on the bottom should barely touch the draw stop and the cable on top should lay flat in the cam groove channel. The easiest way to check this is if you had access to a drawing board. I wish I could post some pictures to help you see what I am talking about, but I hope this helps you anyway.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

It definantly would not hurt, but I don't want you to spend any unnecessary money if you don't have too. If you had a way of taking the harness system off to measure it against the lengths that should be on a sticker attached to you bow, and see if it is extremely stretched, then a custom set of strings would be the ticket, but if they are still in good shape and only need twisting a little, then that is you call. Sorry for the double post, my computer is being a pain.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM

thanks..Ill take it to the shop & let them check thinks out, & compare the numbers on the sticker..thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 08:54 AM

BHunter is correct about the draw stop timing. I would , however, dump the Fuse string and cable. They aren't too good and stretch alot.
I'd invest in a set of aftermarket string and cables for sure.
I put Winner's Choice on my Trykon over a year ago and had no stretch at all.
I'd say Bucknasty (gibblet on here), WC or Vapor trail.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 AM

Get a Winners Choice String and Buss Cable and you won't have that issue any longer.

It is a simple matter of cable stretch....could be string,but more likely cable.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree with the others. I've shot Hoyt for a lot of years and have to say they have the worst, creepy-ist stock strings and cables in the industry. For the company that invented fastflight rigging for bows, a company that sets such high quality standards for their products, I don't know why they put such crummy strings and cables on their bows. It just doesn't make sense.

Get some good aftermarket rigging and your timing troubles will stop.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Here's how to tune the cams.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207391