Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Matthews Solo Cam

Old 07-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Matthews Solo Cam

If you read my post under Bowhunting, you know that I'm having problems pulling my bow because of surgery. Well, my son just brought a Matthew bow to the house for me to try out. All it says on the bow is: Matthews Solo Cam. Nothing about the poundage, draw length, etc. My son said the person he bought it from said it had an 80% let off. The bow is completely set up, sites, arrow rest, everything except a quiver. I pulled it back and was tough to pull (because of my problem), but definitely has a lot of let off.

The draw length is about an inch or a little more to long for me. Can the draw length be shortened on this bow? It needs a new string and of course the peep sight would have to be set up for me, so before I spend the money on it I need any info you can provide. The bow appears to be in excellent shape.

I've tried to find a web site for Matthews and can't, do any of you have one for them.

Thanks,
dog1
Old 07-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Matthews Solo Cam

Can the draw length be shortened on this bow?
It should be but depending on the model and year you might not be able to get the cam for it. Mathews bows require a cam change to adjust the draw lenght.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 PM

www.mathewsinc.com

the FX i started with had three positions on a single cam, but the range is only an inch. most require a different cam. your best bet is to visit a shop.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 AM

If you need a new cam and a string/cable, you're probably looking at a minimum of $150-$175 to get that bow to fit you. To me, it sounds like you're not totally comfortable with the draw weight. If you can't adjust that down, you might be better off spending the money on a used bow with more adjustability and a better draw weight range. Fit and comfort is very important.