Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need help

Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help

so i got blazers they year an a trophy ridge drop zone. when my arrows were done i took the bow in cause i was worried about clearing the cables. well it clears but if i can slide a piece of paper through it im lucky.. so the pro shop guy tells me to rotate the arrow a lil bit so it will clear. so i did then the fletchin smacked the arrow holder(which at the time we didnt know what it was. makin a loud slap sound. i asked him an he said sounds like your string. then I seen the arrow holder tore up.)that you put on the riser for the drop zone. so i asked him about a new cable slide. he says "nah you dont need one of those its pulling the cable as far as they go" so i took it at that an jus moved the arrows back to where they were that barely pass the cable. im not very comfortable about that. What can i do? was he full of **** by sayin that about the cable slide. advice?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Need help

First question: Have you tried to adjust your cable slide guide rod? Most modern bows have a screw that will allow you to loosen the tension on the rod so you can turn it, this only works if your guide rod is slightly bent, if its just a straight rod then that obvioulsy wont do anything.

Second question: Is the string that is tied into your buss cable for the Drop zone Above or Below the rest? Thats only an issueif you think the fletching is hitting the string, if not dont worry about it.

Third question: How are you shooting your arrows? Index Up, out to the side, or down?

Try to figure out Exactly where the fletching is making contact, then try turning the arrow on the nock, if thats too close to the Buss cable, then see if you can turn your guide rod so that it will give you some extra room for the arrows to pass the cables.

Thats about all I can think of right now...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I just went back to feathers. I was having too many clearance issues. Even with my pretty decent form, and exact tuning. Not to mention that I shoot 3D with my hunting rig (and you should too!) and to compete in IBO bowhunter class... gotta have 4" fletchings!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot cock vane up. i tried turnin the arrowjus a lil then i was hittin the arrow holder on the riser.its not makin contact right now but im scarred when i go huntin get the buck fever an make turn the wrist jus a lil its really gonna smack that cable.. the string is tied below the rest. the cable slide bar i have no idea right off the top of my head im at work . i cant remember. but if its not strait i can turn this an it will pull the cables further away an it wont hurt anything. or throw tuning out of wack?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 AM

Like SwampCollie says - "feathers". Besides, feathers were made for hunting.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 AM

well, its sorta too late for feathers now isnt it, he just got his arrows made with blazers... let it go, why spend twice as much now to have your blazers stripped and feathers put on??? And quite possibly have the same issues...

MdDave,
By turning that rod, all your doing is moving the position of the cable slide (which will move the cables either in, or out). IF your rod has a slight bend in it, try looking for a small (should be allen) head on one side or the other on the riser perpendicular to the rod, loosen this head just a little and try to turn the rod to give you some extra space... Dave if your Archery Pro didnt think of trying that first, I'm not sure I would even go back to him with serious problems...

this is one of my older PSE bows, I will show you what Im talking about,

P.S. What Year, Make, and Model bow do you have?

Good luck.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the bees knees

well, its sorta too late for feathers now isnt it, he just got his arrows made with blazers... let it go, why spend twice as much now to have your blazers stripped and feathers put on??? And quite possibly have the same issues...
Why pay anyone to fletch your arrows for you? Get a jig, do it yourself and put what you want on your arrows when you want!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Thats true Tex, but he must be either new to archery or doesnt have time to do it himself, because he had his arrows made by a pro shop... So keeping that consistent I just thought it would be silly to have them redone right off the bat if you can check some simpler things and get the blazers right.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. the cable slide is strait so theres no turning it..
2. after paying what i paid to get them wraped an fletched trust me i will havea fletcher(jus got out bid on a jo jan on ebay by 50 cents. went for 12.50[:@])
3. bees knees your exactly right i really dont wanna have my blazers striped an refletched.
4. the only solution the archery shop pro could come up with was- he gave me a arrow holder that is smaller than the one that comes with the drop zone. he said if i put it on the fletchings would have more room to pass that i could turn the arrow lil more where it was when it was smackin the arrow holder that comes with the drop zone. he didnt wanna take the one off he jus put on cause "its gonna be a bitch to get off after i jus put it on"
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Good for you buddy,
Good luck getting it setup...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.