Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bohning or Jo-jan fletcher??

Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bohning or Jo-jan fletcher??

What do you guys think Bohning fletching jig or Jo-Jan jig??
Also can you fletch 4'' vanes with the bohning blazer jig??

I have never fletched any arrows and didnt want to spend the x-tra money on the bitz! Hope you guys can help!! Thanks!

ALSO..if any of you guys have any used bitz jigs that you wanna sell shoot me a pm!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bohning or Jo-jan fletcher??

The Jo Jan would be much better than the cheap plastic Bohning version but the Bitz jig is the best in the industry.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy anything other than a Bitz, then it will just make the bitz you eventually buy that much more expensive.

I'll just leave it at that.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do what I did. Since a bitz will last forever, get one used! You'll save a bunch of money and it works just as good as new. I think I paid less than 40 for mine.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
bigcountry

I have a bitz, and don't like it. I have a hard time getting a real nice helical with it. I seem to be able to get a better helical with the jojan. Also the marks on the bitz is a pain.

If you only fletch of one bow or one type of fletch than the bitz is ok, just keep it setup like that. But I shoot 3 traditionals with LH helical, and shoot another compound with a shoot thru (slight offset), and another compound I like to shoot hard RH Helical. Matching up your current fletch everytime is tough when doing one fletch repair.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spend the extra money on the Bitz. Once you set it up and you can do a dozen arrows pretty fast with it. I bought mine used as well.

The jojan would be my second choice.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

If you buy anything other than a Bitz, then it will just make the bitz you eventually buy that much more expensive.

I'll just leave it at that.
LOL! Exactly! My Bitz cost me more because it was not my 1st jig!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bitz is the only way to go. The reason some can get more helical with other jigs is because they bend, with the bitz you have to adjust the magnet heights to get a more severe helical, but I would rather do that than bend the clamp. One jig will last you forever. The shop I go to has been open 5 years, have 12 bitz jigs on the fletching table, and they fletch 1000's and 1000's of arrows, and the jigs are the same now as they were 5 years ago.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Bitz is the only way to go. The reason some can get more helical with other jigs is because they bend, with the bitz you have to adjust the magnet heights to get a more severe helical, but I would rather do that than bend the clamp. One jig will last you forever. The shop I go to has been open 5 years, have 12 bitz jigs on the fletching table, and they fletch 1000's and 1000's of arrows, and the jigs are the same now as they were 5 years ago.
I agree for your typical 4" vane or even the newer 2", you can put a heck of a helical on it. But you try putting on 5.5" banana feathers, it just doesn't seem to be made for it.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:54 AM

I've been using the Jo-Jan's to fletch everything for the last 15 years and have no complaints at all from individual repairs to proshop operation. I had other things to invest in other than a bunch of Bitz's and didn't need to. If you're just going to use it for a dozen arrows a year get the single but if you're going to be doing a bunch of arrows get the 6 arrow jig.

Quick Reply: Bohning or Jo-jan fletcher??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.