Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Starting an Archery Shop

Old 07-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Starting an Archery Shop

I have wanted a place in the country for some time now...maybe this would be something to look into. 75k on 9 acres sounds pretty good. 75k around here is upper class. haha, join the local golf club and let them all know I sell semen. haha, just kidding, I don't golf
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

I worked part time at a very successful shop in Indiana for 2 years, the owner did end up selling the shop because he wanted to pursue other interests. He offered me the shop, but to be honest I was nervous about tying up rainy day money in an iffy business. He was in alot better shape than me financially. You only have about a 5, maybe 6 month period that you need to make all the coin it will take to support your shop when business slows for the year or comes to a major halt. IMHO you would be better doing this on your own if you are serious, because when you have to many invlolved everyone wants things their way, and that doesn't always benefit the shops best interests. I do have all the equipment at my house that was in the shop, and I am still tossing around the idea of my own shop, but I want it to be where I can keep watch over it, and something that I start and build myself. If you decide to do this learn all you can anyway you can, and then go for it. You do only live once, but like stated obove, you must be able to accept that you will have to give up alot of your free time for this adventure, mosty your hunting as this will be your busiest time of year. GOOD LUCK.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

You could learn a lot from the posts about bowtech dealers, how to deal with customers and such.......

F.