Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MeanV CSS came today!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MeanV came today!

Dan,

Thank you for clearing that up. I remember reading on AT where you told guys about dipping their STS' before the company decided to start doing it. I think they stole our idea on that one.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'm waiting on one to put on my 3-D setup... I've got two others of his. It's the best product on the market in that category.

I was shooting my '07 Allegiance indoors at the Paducah Gander Mountain Friday with just the MeanV suppressor on it and no string leeches whatsoever, and people were remarking how quiet the bow was...

Congrats on getting yours in!
I know that one. James is a great guy.

I got e-mail confirmation today that my MeanV CSS will be mailed tomorrow. Gonna put it on my new Hardwoods HD Gray Guardian.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice. I just installed one on my hunting bow. The cool thing is that this one was originally designed for my slayer, but fits my hunting bow perfectly when added on top of a SIMS modular node. Looks and functions pretty good.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang if it doesn't look like you lucked out just perfectly there, Matt!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:27 AM

I've got two others of his. It's the best product on the market in that category.
I'm curious, since I've been thinking of trying one out on my compound, what makes one of these better than another? They look so similar. A rod with a rubber cushion on the end. I also have read that getting the gap between it and the string adjusted properly is important. If the product has no adjustment (as it appears to be in the rear mount model), how can it be considered the best? For me, there's no way I'm screwing around with my bow's brace height or draw length to to accomodate a noise suppressor.

So, does this rear mount have an adjustment I can't see, or doesn't it matter if it's in an exact position?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 AM

I'm curious, since I've been thinking of trying one out on my compound, what makes one of these better than another? They look so similar. A rod with a rubber cushion on the end. I also have read that getting the gap between it and the string adjusted properly is important. If the product has no adjustment (as it appears to be in the rear mount model), how can it be considered the best? For me, there's no way I'm screwing around with my bow's brace height or draw length to to accomodate a noise suppressor.

So, does this rear mount have an adjustment I can't see, or doesn't it matter if it's in an exact position?
The rear mount has very little adjustment if any. You send the exact measurment to MeanV and he makes a CUSTOM one for your bow. I consider it the best because again it is custom made. You don't go to a store and grab it off the shelf and take it home and adjust it. It comes to your door custom made for your bow. I am sure some more people will come on here and give you some reasons.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

It DOES have plenty of adjustment for 'tuning' the distance from the stopper to your string. I am very pleased with mine.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 AM

The rear mount has very little adjustment if any. You send the exact measurment to MeanV and he makes a CUSTOM one for your bow. I consider it the best because again it is custom made.
So, if I decide to add or take out a couple twists to my cable (changes brace height), it is no longer in proper adjustment. I have also heard that with some bows, they work best if the string is actually slightly touching and with other bows, there has to be a gap. If this is true, then the ability to adjust it, seems important.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 AM

It DOES have plenty of adjustment for 'tuning' the distance from the stopper to your string.
On the rear mount the method is not obvious. How is this done?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

It has approx. 5/16" adjustment to tune exact location. Simple screw in to desired location and lock down with jamb nut. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Dan

Quick Reply: MeanV CSS came today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.