Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any "Old School" shooters here???

Old 01-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Any "Old School" shooters here???

vudoochylde I took a 20 year step forward in bows less than a month ago. I had an 20+ year old Bear Black Bear, the only extra it had was front pin sights that came with it. I bought a Browning Ambush which I beleive is made by PSE. My local archery shop tuned her up for me and at 20 yards within 4 shots I cut a bull. It has fiberoptic sights, a peep, a stabilizer and some other fancy things!

The difference between the two bows is like night and day, it shoots way faster and is far more accurate. If you take a step forward you will be shocked at how much easier the new bows with the whistles are.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 01-03-2003, 04:19 PM

Tazman,
I have been looking at the new bows only because I'm curious as to whats out there and like the Renegade Nontypical XL, and some of the Darton bows, but I haven't gotten the chance to shoot any of them. Maybe after I shoot some I can make a choice.

Vudoochylde

An Archer likes to see how far he can shoot his arrow. A Bowhunter likes to see how close he can get before he has to shoot his.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:36 PM

Hello,

I started bow hunting around 1967 with a fiberglass recurve called a Locksely.Then in 1971 I bought a Howatt Hunter which I really loved.I didn't get a deer until the following year 1972.This of course was all bare bow or instinctive shooting as they say.Then I got talked in to putting a sight on it.In 1979 I bought my first compound,a Martin Warthog.Then in 1985 I bought a Proline Typhoon XT with the speed cams.Now I'm real high tech in 1997 I got a Mathew's Conquest Pro with all the goodies.As of now I'm in no rush to buy another for quite awhile.