Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow dancing

Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default arrow dancing

i shot my muzzy today for the 1st time this yearan that damn thing was dancing.. flying all over the place before hittin the target.. looks like it starts high darts lows then flys back up high... i know your gonna say my bows outta tune .. but good god.. ive never seen one dance like that.. if you had to guess what would you say the #1 proablem would be.?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow dancing

What weight arrow and what weight head and whats your draw weight? Theres really not much info to go off right now, but it sounds to me as somethignis out of wack on the bow or the rest? Any other ideas???
Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow dancing

Without knowing ANYTHING about the bow/arrow/rest combination, it's impossible to make any kind of guess. But if I had to...

If nock point is set right; if there hasn't been any string creep and axle to axle length and brace height are still in spec; if cam timing is correct; if the bow is tillered properly; if the rest is set up properly; then the first thing I'd look for is fletching contact.