Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching drag on QAD rest

Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM

Default fletching drag on QAD rest

i have a bowtech alliegence with a QAD rest that i bought last year and have had nothing but problems with. i shoot gold tip pro hunters and have tried all diferent kinds of fletchings and everything i try still drags. does anyone have any suggestions or know a rest that is 100% guaranteed not to drag. i don't care what it cost i just want this problem resolved.

Thanks alot,
Old 07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching drag on QAD rest

Where is the fletching dragging? I have the exact same set-up and have no clearance issues with Blazers. I did have to move my rest forward a little to get the flipper to drop faster.

Is the flipper parallel with the string at full draw?
Is the nock 1/8" or so above parallel?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 PM

the flipper is paralllel, i've been shooting the cock feather down and it is hitting on the left side of the fletching, i have also tried shooting the cock feather up i have not tried moving the rest up
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be shooting cock feather up with the QAD. Also, check your center shot.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 PM

i will do that, and i did notice that my rest is pretty far forward, bout halfway up, thanks alot for the advice.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to move the rest up to where the rod for the flipper is almost toughing the riser if that helps at all.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 PM

i will keep messing with it like i said i will try anything, the fletching clearance problem is causing my arrows to kick and shooting blazer vanes with fixed blade broadheads reallly makes it noticable
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hey DAVE; did you move it forward because it was not dropping fast enough? Just curious because I'm fixing to buy a commander and want to shot a drop away and the guy told me that some drop aways don't drop fast enough for clearence with the faster bows today.I really loke the drp away and want to stay with them if I can.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I did have to move it forward to get it to drop fast enough at 73#'s and291 fps. The QAD uses a spring to drop the flipper. Some just use gravity.

Here are pics of my rest.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info. I did'nt know if the guy who told me that was just trying to sell me a wb or not.

Quick Reply: fletching drag on QAD rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.