Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching drag on QAD rest

Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM

Default RE: fletching drag on QAD rest

I just ran my cord through the downcable and put a constrictor knot in it then cut and melted the end:
http://www.folsoms.net/knots/ (click on "Fifty Knots" on the left then scroll down to "Constrictor knot".)
Never slips unless you force it to and it saves the need for serving the cable to hold it in place.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:29 PM

IF YOU COULD DAVE POST THE PICTS THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND HOW FAR DOWN THE CABLE. I WENT AND TIED MINE LIKE A STRING LOOP BUT IT SLID UP THE CABLE SO WHEN THE BOW IS RELAXED THE KNOT IS EVEN WITH THE REST. WHEN I DRAW IT SEEM TO WORK OK CAUSE IT IS BRING THE REST PAST 90 DEGREES. IT SEEMS TO WORK BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I DON'T HURT MY BOW IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. I'M ABOUT 120 MILES FROM ANY PROSHOP TO FIX IT. AND THAT PLACE TAKES FOREVER TO WORK ON ANYTHING AND TRIES TO RAPE YA WITH THE PRICETAG.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIGDADDY,

Here are the pics I promised. You probably want to start with it as low or lower as shown on KodiakArcher's bow and check for clearance issues.

If you go too short with the cord before checking and have issues with your rest not dropping fast enough you will not have enough cord tomovethe end down the cable per instructions to make it drop faster.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 PM

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP. I DID CHANGE MINE AND IT'S WORKING LIKE A DREAM. IT'S ALOT BETTER THAN THE WB I WAS USING BEFORE, NOT RIPPING FLETCHING ANYMORE.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear everything is working well. Enjoy shooting and good luck.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 PM

KodiakArcher,
Out of curiosity, how did you run the timing cord through thedown cable and tie the constrictor knot. Can you post a close up picture of knot?

Thanks