Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching drag on QAD rest

Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching drag on QAD rest

Here is a post of mine from a bit ago.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2173786

Good luck

Shane
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

After that threadI moved mine forward from the advice of HuntingEd and the minor contact went away.

Did you ever do anything else with yours?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The rest cord on all of the QAD's only purpose is to bring the arm to parallel with the string. Length has no effect what so ever on how fast it drops. The force the arrow exherts on the arm sets the arm in motion and the spring pulls the arm down. If the cord is not under tension at full draw then the rest is not set-up properly and you will get contact problems.
The instructions clearly state that if the arm is not dropping fast enough, then you need to lengthen the cord. Doing this makes the arm react sooner so it can get out of the way of the fletchings.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Lower clamp locations allow Ultra Rest to fall faster". It doesn'tsay lengthening the cord will allow it to fall faster.

The lower the cord the more the cord is pulling down on the spring mechanism instead of straight back on it.

When I talk about lengthing the cord I mean when you leave it clamped in the same location and then put more slack in the cord.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a QAD ultra rest pro ld on my Ross cardiac and was having troubles with fletching contact also. I also have one on my CR331 but no problems with contact on it, but it is shooting about 15 to 20fps slower. The problem with the one on my cardiac was when the flipper hit the shelf it would pop up just a tad and the LD feature locked it right there so my fletch wood just clip it. I put the rest on my wife's bow and it works great cause I have it set back so the flipper doesnt even hit the shelf.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

"Lower clamp locations allow Ultra Rest to fall faster". It doesn'tsay lengthening the cord will allow it to fall faster.
Sorry, but that it what I meant.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I have since checked mine with using some of the GF red lipstick on the vanes. No contact. I could actually move it forward another 1/4 in. but I am thinking of just leaving it alone.

Shane

After that threadI moved mine forward from the advice of HuntingEd and the minor contact went away.

Did you ever do anything else with yours?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

I have a LD on my TomKat. When the shop installed it, they put it where the fork isn't quite at a 90 when the rest is cocked. As far as I know i am not having any issues with contact. I also shoot blazers and am shooting b/t 285+. I haven't choroned it since I upped the poundage and took the peep off the string, and added the rest (was shooting a WB).

How can I test to see if I am having contact issues? My shots are dead on at well over 40yds.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM

HOW DID YOU TIE THE CORD TO THE BUS CABLE TO KEEP IT DOWN AS THE DIRECTIONS SAY? I TRIED TO TIE MINE DOWN BUT IT SLIPS UP. I'M SHOOTING A BOWTECH ALLEG.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave mine set up on the same bow.

The directions have you clamp it down with the little clamp that comes with the rest. You put the clamp on and then draw and thecord/clamp is supposed to slide up to the point that you should tighten the clamp down at.

Istuck the cord through the down cable. Then I served above the point where I wanted the cord to stay and then melted the end of the cord like you do with a D-loop and then served below the cord. The cord will only go as far as the melted end.

If you wantI can send you pictures of it tonight? I think i posted them on another thread here not to long ago.

Quick Reply: fletching drag on QAD rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.