Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting to the left

Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default shooting to the left

I'm trying to tune my new Diamond Rapture and I keep shooting to the left. I have a laser center shot tuner and my rest is centered. To adjust I have to move my pins pretty far to the left, however this only works for the 20 yard pin. When i move to 30, 40, and so on the arrow flies to the left in proportion to my distance. For example at 30 I'm 4 inches left, at 40 I'm 6 inches and at 50 I'm 8 inches. Should I try moving the rest a hair to the right and leave the pins atdead center even though my laser tuner will show that my rest is no longer centered. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting to the left

I hate to say it, but I think your lazer tuner is lying to ya. Your rest has to be off to the left, significantly. Eyeball your rest and sights back to center and go from there.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

He cant put the bottom pin further left than the top pin.

Maybe square teh arrows? Make sure everything's lined up, like the rest and the nok and such. I dunno.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1gobble1grunt

I'm trying to tune my new Diamond Rapture and I keep shooting to the left. I have a laser center shot tuner and my rest is centered. To adjust I have to move my pins pretty far to the left, however this only works for the 20 yard pin. When i move to 30, 40, and so on the arrow flies to the left in proportion to my distance. For example at 30 I'm 4 inches left, at 40 I'm 6 inches and at 50 I'm 8 inches. Should I try moving the rest a hair to the right and leave the pins atdead center even though my laser tuner will show that my rest is no longer centered. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Might want to do a forum search for "walk back tuning' to acheive center shot. It worked for me.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, try walk back tuning. If that doesn't work, check your form. Make sure you're not torquing. Is the DL ok? Sometimes, if theDL is too long it'll mess you up.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Somethign isnt tuned right. Thisis the sameproblemI used to havewith multi pin sites, then I went to a single pin site and have no problem hitting my target out to 35 yards or so. Id say center everything. Remember you need to follow your arrows with your site.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM

Torquing would be my first guess.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

For example at 30 I'm 4 inches left, at 40 I'm 6 inches and at 50 I'm 8 inches.
That is too consistent to be a torque or form issue. 99.9 times out of a hundred, a consistent 2" deviation per every 10 yards is a rest that's not centered.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

For example at 30 I'm 4 inches left, at 40 I'm 6 inches and at 50 I'm 8 inches.
That is too consistent to be a torque or form issue. 99.9 times out of a hundred, a consistent 2" deviation per every 10 yards is a rest that's not centered.
Or a cam that is leaning, which is the same correction, move the rest slightly right. Your laser is giving you static centershot you need to know the mid-cycle centershot. The laser gives you a good starting point but you need fine tuning after that.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I would say thatyour rest is not centered.

Quick Reply: shooting to the left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.