Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Low Nock Point

Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Low Nock Point

I put on a rip cord rest on the guardian this weekend so I had to tune it. The proshop tuned it the first time when I had on a biscuit. I paper tuned it with a bare shaft and got bullet holes in less than 10 shots. Well, because that was so much fun, I decided to tune the 15+ year old PSE USA Spirit I had in the closet. I knocked off the dust, put on the biscuit, a old sight, and a string loop. I will wait with the peep as my brother will be shooting this bow. I was getting a inch and half high tear at first. Moved the nock point down until it is about 1/4 inch below level. Shoots bullet holes now. I have heard of a 1/4 above level but not below. It this common to have it below so much or is there something else wrong that may cause problems later down the road?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Low Nock Point

Check the tiller and make sure it is set to 0. Also look to see if the cams are timed. Both of these can affect your tear drastically.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nock point should never be below square. Either your tiller is fouled up or your rest is dropping way too soon. Do as Rick said and check your tiller first.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the old pse is a dual cam bow , Ill bet its out of time , sure hope you are not shooting with 15 year old string and cables
Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

No, It had new cables and string put on last June when it was given to me. Thanks for the help.