Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Express Terminator Select Hunter Arrows

Old 06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carbon Express Terminator Select Hunter Arrows

I have the chance to get my hands on some Carbon Express Terminator Select Hunter Arrows for $70.00 less than it whould cost me at a major store.They are new in the box and I whould be buying 24 to get that price.My question is has anyone ever shot these?If so how durable are they?Do you feel that you picked up any speed?Is their a diffrence between these arrows over a cheeper set?In other words was it worth the money over a "lower class" Carbon Express?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Carbon Express Terminator Select Hunter Arrows

CX Terminator Selects shouldn't cost much more than $70 a dozen in the first place ($79 per dozen at Bass Pro), so I don't know how hard you're getting your leg pulled...

Anyway, here's what I think about 'em. They are my favorite arrows but they are NOT all carbon. They are a carbon/fiberglass composite.

They are a lot tougher than any all-carbon arrow I've ever shot. I've done side by side destructive testing, shooting them and a few all-carbon arrows into various things -something I do not recommend others try because I don't want some idiot getting hurt and suing me - and Terminators survived impacts that turned the all-carbons into shrapnel. They didn't fare too well on the 1/2" steel plate though, so they are not armor piercing.

The spine doesn't 'shoot out' with them nearly as fast it does with all-carbon.

Carbon arrows don't bend, but they do warp and lose straightness. Terminators retain their straightness far better.

Terminators' spine, weight, straightness and inside diameters are far more consistent, arrow to arrow and dozen to dozen. They are far superior to any all-carbon arrow in the same price range.

Weight... Since they are a carbon/glass composite, they are NOT light. This is either an advantage or disadvantage, depending on your point of view. Personally, I think it's an advantage because I like heavier arrows. I can get the weight I want without stuffing all kinds of weighting systems down the shaft, like I have to do with all-carbon arrows.

The camo clad Terminator Hunter Select 6075's I shoot are about equal in weight to XX75 2315's. The black ones are a bit lighter. So, if you are looking for maximum speed, this is not your arrow. If you are looking for an excellent hunting arrow that will give you best possible penetration, this IS your arrow.

Terminator Selects have the toughness and small diameter benefits of a carbon arrow with the weight and very nearly the same consistency of aluminum. That's why I like 'em so much.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Host of Hosts

AP, I think Carbon Express will be calling you for a sales job they have available in your area. They are everything Aurthur says they are. Nothing more could be said, so this will be a short thread
Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

First thank you for your evaluation.They seem to be good arrows.I am out for the a good hunting arrow.I am a skilled archer and whould like to shoot that 40 yard shot if need be.Of course if I can get him to walk in a bit closer then I will let him come to papa but if you get that darn buck that does the 40 yard walk you can have a shot at him.I know that a faster arrow dont drop as fast as a slow one.I am looking for a durable arrow that I will be able to use time and time again without loosing it's shape.I had all XX75's untill two years ago I went to the eason carbon arrows.I dont feel that they where anywhere as accurate as the XX75's.So thats why I am out for new arrows.Now as for the price you probilly seen the Carbon Express Rebel Arrows that sell for $79.99 per 12.I am getting the Carbon Express Terinator Hunter Arrows than sell for $99.99 per 12. The new modle of these are the Carbon Express Terinator Lite hunter arrows that also sell for $99.99 per 12on the bass pro website.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have some CX Term. selects. Excellent arrows, I believe mine were 505 grains finished weight. I thought they stopped making the Terminator selects?

Shane