Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Axis bent after use....

Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Axis bent after use....

Just wondering if any of you have expeirienced Easton Axis arrows bending after using them.

I bought a dozen last spring and spun them to find the straightest ones. Came up with the four best to use with my broadheads and also used them to shoot 3D. This spring, I have been having some consistency issues and spun those four again and three of them were bent! Am I going nuts or has anyone else seen this happen?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis bent after use....

Can't say I've seen them bend from shooting although I'm not too thrilled with them right out of the box. At least the ones I've checked. Just one reason I won't shoot them.

On the other hand, these and any other carbon can take a bend if you twist them to remove them from 3D targets. It breaks down the bonding of the shaft near the point end. Usually within 3-4" from the end. Had this happen with ICS arrows a few years ago.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the info..... Twisting them to get them out of the target may be the issue. That is how I have always done it. I wasn't too impressed with them either.... 4 out of 12 were straight enough to get good accuracy but now I don't have one that will work with the broddheads.

Thinking about switching to A/C/C 's not a very hard decision after my experience. Might even go back to aluminum....
Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I usually hang back and let everybody else try the new stuff, but I had to be an early Axis user. Nine of my dozen spun pretty well when I first got them, the other 3 were not too good. After shooting 6 for a few months, I spun them again, and they had changed, and not for the better. During the same time, I was also shooting ACCs. They spun well before and after several months of shooting. My Carbon Techs have been holding up better as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 AM

3-D targets are hard on arrows, any arrows. Especially if you don't remove them correctly. I think more aluminums are ruined pulling them from the targets than they are by shooting them.

Paul
Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Paul.

On the all carbon arrow thing, I believe if I were to return to using all carbons I might give Carbon Tech a shot after doing some reading about them from different forums.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

great !!!, I just started shooting my easton axis arrows and I have a really hard time getting the arrows out of my foam target ( even with a arrowpuller and a srop of vaseline on the tips )

I switched from aluminium to the axis because of erratic arrowflight out of my whiskerbiscuit.
how much of a difference would a slightly bent arrow make on a target ?
I can't check them, only with the naked eye....( I'm ashamed to say we're not yet evolved to that kind of level when it comes to bowhunting in Belgium )

Frank
Old 06-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

and what's the correct way to pull out arrows from a foam target ?

F.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I switched from aluminium to the axis because of erratic arrowflight out of my whiskerbiscuit.
Frank

I don't think aluminum arrows would be the issue with your erratic arrow flight.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Host of Hosts

and what's the correct way to pull out arrows from a foam target ?
Straight out

Quick Reply: Axis bent after use....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.