Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking to switch to Carbon Alum. arrows

Old 06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking to switch to Carbon Alum. arrows

I am looking in to getting some carbon aluminum arrows for the upcomming season and need some help determining what spine I need. Heres my setup.

PSE Nova
65-68# dw
I think my dl is 30 and my current arrows are 28 inch

What else do you need? I am currently shooting aluminum 2314s. Getting expensive to replace.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking to switch to Carbon Alum. arrows

Ok either carbon or carbon aluminums, someone must have some sort of know being......
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I think it boils down to whether you want to shoot Easton ACC's or FMJ's (Full Metal Jacket). The FMJ has the carbon core and aluminum on the outside. ACC's are just reversed.

According to Easton's charts you would be looking at an ACC 3-60 or a 340 FMJ. The choice is yours. I like the ACC's better for the speed, but the FMJ's pull a lot easier from 3D targets.

The FMJ, being heavier would provide better penetration, but at your specs penetration is not an issue. Any properly spined arrow would suffice.

Now if you are looking for a less expensive alternative to ACC's then Gold Tip has some that are very similar.They are manufactured and marketed under the Blackhawk Vapor brand (Owned by Gold Tip). They number them a little different, I believe you would want the 3600, which corresponds to 3-60.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome thansk for th e info, i dont really want to spend 130.00 on arrows and i know the gold tips from what I have been finding on the net are alot cheaper.