Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold tip arrows

Old 12-20-2002, 08:35 AM

Default Gold tip arrows

With the little research that I have done, I have read that goldtip XT arrows are not polished. Can someone who shoots these help me out? I want to use them for hunting.

U.S. Army
Old 12-20-2002, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Gold tip arrows

Yes the standard shafts are pretty rough but the camo ones are smooooth. Check those out.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:10 AM

The standard shafts are not polished - and I have no experience SPECIFICALLY wiht GT camo shafts - BUT - every other camo carbon shaft I've seen has been a BEAR to pull out of a 3d or high density foam target. They appear to 'burn' into the target & are incredibly difficult to remove.

Do you have a concern about the standard shafts not being poished? I didn't use them for hunting this year but I don't see a reason why not to... They were virtually undestructible over the 3d season.

Good luck - hoooaaaahhh...

Aim small miss small
Old 12-20-2002, 09:16 AM

Why would you want them polished? The deer don't care. I use them for hunting and could not be more pleased. I also use the 3d pro's for target. They are easy to pull by adding just a little soap or woody's arrow lube. This is typical of any carbon/graphite shaft.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the others no animal I have shot with them complained about them not being polished.
They are one tough arrow I put mine through hell and they have stood up.
A little soap will make them easy to take out of the target.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 12-20-2002, 06:28 PM

I have been using the goldtips for a couple of years now with no problems. I tried the new camo ones this year but did not like them. I use easten diamond vanes the the aae fast set gel and when I tried to strip off the off vanes to put new ones on the camo on the arrow started to come off and actually put grooves into the shaft. I will just stick to the regular ones. They fly great and are super strong......
Old 12-21-2002, 01:28 PM
tm
Fork Horn

If your concerned about them making noise because of the rough surface just shoot them into a pile of sand a few times. Works great to get them smooth.