Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Took my bow apart and the axles look rough

Old 01-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Took my bow apart and the axles look rough

When I finaly got the guts to disassemble my bow to check the axles and they look pretty rough. How do you know if they just need polishing or replacing? How much do you think it would cost to replace the axles and bushings? I shot a Reflex xpress solocam. Also if I was to replace the axles would it be wise to get new spacers?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Took my bow apart and the axles look rough

The Reflex axles fall amongst the worst right out of the box. From what I've seen with them, it may be too late to save them and your bushings if they weren't lubricated when you first got the bow. You'd better get to a Pro Shop and get them to order you new axles and check the bushings; that is, if your Pro Shop still handles the Reflex line. I understand a lot of Dealers dropped the line because they were competing with the "Marts".

There are other manufacturers out there who are just as guilty.