Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep problem

Old 01-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Spike

Default peep problem

The guy at the pro shop installed a peep for me (new to this so I don't know what kind) works really well and my accuracy has increased dramatically, but every once and a while the little rubber hose that lines up the peep comes off. I don't think I'm doing anything different when it comes off. Any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: peep problem

Sounds like perhaps it's cut a bit too short. If this is the case, I assume you'll have to replace it to add a little length... But I shoot peepless, so maybe someone else can give you better news...
Old 01-16-2002, 09:22 AM

It sound like they might have cut and tied the tube a little short. It really doesn't have to be extremly taunt at full draw to rotate the peep properly. Just tell them about it, no biggie. I'd also keep an extra length of the stuff around cause it doesn't last forever.
It seems most guys eventually go away from that type of peep alignment though. Like me for instance, no alignment tubing here. My bow is quiet enough that the sound created by the tubing was very annoying. I do recommend using some sort of peep though because of what you've already found out.
Old 01-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or if you don't want to use a rope loop, ditch the brass nock set for a tru-ball speed nock, which will also align your peep without rubber tubing...
Old 01-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting tournament archery for several years now with no tubing but on my hunting bow I will use it.I have had too many instances when the peep and the cold weather just will not get along.I have not seen a loop or string material yet that will always align the peep perfect in all conditions.The rubber is a sure fire way to know it will be there,even though I can take it off and it will still be there most of the time but not always.I will replace it at the beginning of the season and forget about it and as far as noise,not even noticable unless I get it too long and it hits the quiver,it actually will act like a dampener if it doesn't hit the quiver.

I just don't like surprises when the deer is standing there and I am ready to shoot,no time to take the corner of your lip and turn the peep then.

The others seem to be right about the tubing being too short.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:55 AM

I'm with Rangeball on this. I quit messing with tubes for a number of reasons, and went with the Speed Nok w/ peep aligner. Used it all summer and fall, love it.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:08 PM

I have never used a tubless peep. I keep a close eye on my tubing to make shure it isn't beging to 'rot'. Also, change it out just before every hunting season!

Get a little longer tube!

Good Luck!
John
Old 01-17-2002, 04:08 PM

Sounds like it was cut a little too short. I think i would stick with the tubing though. Once i lost a shot at a nice buck with my FX because the peep didnt line up. I will never use a tubeless peep when hunting again.