Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuned my Bowtech today

Old 12-19-2002, 06:30 PM

Default Tuned my Bowtech today

Paper tuned my Mighty Mite today. 63 lbs. at 27" with 26.5" Easton Epic 500 arrows with 100 grain points(total weight 344 grains). My Parker at 61 lbs. shoots these arrows like darts but the Bowtech is about 20 fps faster IBO.Both bows have Muzzy zero effects. The Mighty Mite had a left tear about 1/4". I never move my rest from center shot as I would rather change spine to get proper tune.The Easton chart shows me to be right on the fence between a 500 and a 400.Would a 400 be better for my set up or would you suggest a different arrow.I like the Epics but have been thinking about a little better arrow. Don't want to go to 100.00 dozen arrows but would try something a little better. Thanks, Don

Old 12-19-2002, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Tuned my Bowtech today

I don't why you wouldn't want tu adjust center shot on your bow. I think it is almost impossible to get perfect center shot by eye or even with guage. even if you could, almost no one holds a bow perfectly true, depending on grip and style one must often tweek centershot to fit the shooter.

if after tweeking centershot, you still cannot get rid of tear, then I would look into buying new arrows.

it is possible that with the bowtech you are tourqing the bow slightly.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 500's may be underspined. I would try a few no cost ways to verify that though, before I just bought new arrows. One thing you could do is to lower the draw wt. and see if the left tear goes away. The other would be to try a lighter point to see if that helps. I tried this approach with one of my bows a few years ago. Shot 85, 90, 100, 125 and 145 grain points. The lightest point had the best paper tear, with tears getting progressively longer as point wt. increased. I got the next stiffest size, and all was well.

Avoid the inevitable until it is absolutely unavoidable!
Old 12-20-2002, 07:48 PM

Hey Rack-attack, I guess I'm set in my ways. I have always felt if you moved your rest out of center shot, you are compensating for arrows that are not spined for your set up. I may be wrong but just never liked looking down the arrow and seeing the point way left or right of my string unless I was shooting fingers. Don