Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

changing drawlength on a tomkat

Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default changing drawlength on a tomkat

hey,
I should ask the tech guy from bowtech or drive 2 hours tothe shopbut the replies are quicker on this forum so,

I have a Bowtech tomkat and my draw is a bit too long, I could change the cam by loosening the bolt, but do I slide the cam one notch inwards ( towards the handle )or outwards ? and how many inch is one notch anyway ?

Frank
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: changing drawlength on a tomkat

Frank I think what you are talking about is the draw stop. And yes, moving that will shorten the draw. However, what it will not do is change your draw curve.

If you are going to change your draw, you are going to need a different cam module (I am pretty sure the TomKat works on that principle too).

If you don't change that module, you may well be anchoring before you hit what should be the back wall of the cam. Think of it as holding all the weight back at full draw. You effectively won't have any let off.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Moving the draw stop toward the string center will shorten the draw but you can only use this for about 1/4" adjustments. If you need to go 1/2" or more you'll need new modules (which come in 1/2" incremets) for about $20 a set if I remember right. If you change them out yourself be sure to use medium LocTite on the screws when you put the new modules in.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

thx, for the replies,
I finally found a shop near my home who can order bowtech modules and easton arrows, it would have been a 3hour journey to get them....

F.