Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

Old 05-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Default RE: Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

well first off........ i wouldent be trying to catch a arrow out of the air, but some one has to make money some how!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Sometimes I think they set tests up to fail.
Thats the name of the show....the shows that ive seen the experimentswere bias and seriously flawed in some way(ive only seen maybee3 whole episodes....they did do a good job for what it waswith the airliner and seing if a person would get sucked out if a window broke)

those guys probably play paddycake with eachother when the cameras arent rolling...i guess maybee i dont like the show from what ive seen...

old skool ninjas didnt have compounds they had longbows or horse bows... andid bet that if a ninja is within 6 feet of you, your probably already dead and you just dont know it yet!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 AM

I started watching that episode and ended up falling asleep before they did the test with it. This show is meant to be entertaining I don't know about you guys, but if it was all scientific I probably wouldn't be watching it.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Last Wednesday, I had a turkey get out of the way of an arrow.At 22 yards, looking right at me, the bird did not appear to recognize the threat until it was slightly more than 1/2 way there. He was able to dodge to the left about six inches right before the arrow would have impacted the center of his chest. I roughly figured the time it took him to react was 1/8 of a second. Arrow speed was 249 fps.