Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

'07 Bowtech update

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default '07 Bowtech update

Today my pro shop calls me up and floors me. he tells me that Bowtech has agreed to give me a new Allegiance instead of messing around with shipping it back to them and waiting for the repair.

Along with that I'd like to throw a big thank you to Derrick at Appalachian Archeryfor talking to Bowtech and helping to make this happen. He's been great since the day I bought the bow and continues to impress. He said that he and Bowtech talked agreed to give me a new bow.I guess they would have been replacing the limbs and cams and thought itwas quicker and wiser to do it this way.

To anyone that will be heading west along 70 toward Breezwood Pa you need to stop in and talk to this guy.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: '07 Bowtech update

What happened to your bow to need it replaced so soon?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry,

It didn't need replaced. The cam rubbed up against the limb and needed to be replaced and he recommended the limbs also be replaced. Even though I only shot onceafter hearing the noise. To me that showsme how committed Derrick is to his customers being happy.

Because Derrick was going to be out of state for a few weeks and Bowtech will not ship to a private party he talked them into giving me a new one.

Istill stand behind the recommendation I made to you about buying the new Allegiance.It's anawesome bow and worth the money I spent on it. Every manufacturer has some problems. It's just a matter of how public they are made.

If you want please PM or email me and we can talk more about it. I know you are thinking about the new Allegiances.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

It didn't need replaced.
On the other side of things, if it didn't need to be replaced and the company is willing to do so anyway, it also could be a sign that an aweful lot of the total price of the bow is set aside for warrantees. Most bow hunters want this warm feeling ofa company bending over backwards for them. But as such, the consumer will pay for it one way or another, most just won't know it.

Glad it worked out the way you wanted it to though. And it sounds like Derrick is a good guy to deal with.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob,

Thanks

You could be right about that. When you consider the price of new cams and limbs, shipping,and labor it probably wascheaper, or close to a wash,for them to just replace the bow.

Have you noticed a trend at all if the length of the warrantycorrelates tothe price of the bow?

I was not expecting them to do this for me and was willing to wait since it's early in the year anyway. And you are right that the consumer pays for it in some way.

Another part of that was that Derrick's shop was going to be closed for a period of time around when my bow would be finished and returned to the shop and he didn't want me to wait a month for my bow. I think he went above and beyond to make me happy without me asking him to do so.

And yes, he is agood guy to deal with.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to hear that both your local shop and Bowtech came through for you. I think you folks are correct in that the higher price of many bows does tend to correlate many times with better warranty and customer service. I just wish it was always the case.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you noticed a trend at all if the length of the warrantycorrelates tothe price of the bow?
I don't have any hard data to support my opinion, but I believe that bow companies are responding to their customers needs better these days (some for years) then any other time. Their customers are demanding it and they know it.

Yes, the many companies are smart in raising the up front price of the product (as long as the consumer is willing to pay) and delivering what the consumer wants.

I once had a Parker Compound bow, I believe a 2000 model. I went though two sets on limbs on it in one year, and never abused the bow. After the second set went though, I gave the bow away to a friend mainly because it was unreliable IMO. But I guess the company came through for me.

The only small problem that I have with the up front high priced warrantee is the chance that caters more tothe person that abuses the bow more then the person that doesn't.

But then again, I don't expect to buy another compound anytime soon, so take my opinion for what its worth.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Terry,

It didn't need replaced. The cam rubbed up against the limb and needed to be replaced and he recommended the limbs also be replaced. Even though I only shot onceafter hearing the noise. To me that showsme how committed Derrick is to his customers being happy.

Because Derrick was going to be out of state for a few weeks and Bowtech will not ship to a private party he talked them into giving me a new one.

Istill stand behind the recommendation I made to you about buying the new Allegiance.It's anawesome bow and worth the money I spent on it. Every manufacturer has some problems. It's just a matter of how public they are made.

If you want please PM or email me and we can talk more about it. I know you are thinking about the new Allegiances.
Bowtech customer service is excellent. Anybody who has ever dealt with them can relate. As for my07 Allegiance, its still on order and so far I have not given in to temptation and grabbed the Guardian or a Tribute ( not that either of those two bows are not great ). Last I heard from the distributor was 2 weeks.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA,

Thank you.

Bob,

You are probably right in what you are saying about why the increased price.

That's crazy about your Parker. That would be very frustrating. I can see why you decided to give it away instead of keep dealing with the issues yourself. And I can understand what you are saying about people abusing the warranty and customer service.

That's why I perform maintenance after I shootmy bowsand always inspect before, sometimes during. I'm a fanatic about keeping things for a long time.When the bow made the first noiseI stopped shooting and was hoping for just a minor fix, not a replacement.

I'm hoping to have this Allegiance as long as I've had my old Bear Whitetail Legend that I just gave to a friend to try and get him interested in hunting.I also let him shoot my Allegiance just to tease him some.

Bought that bow in 1991 and except for normal wear and tear it stillshoots and looks great after 16 yrs. Although next to todays bows it looks like a relic.

Terry,

They need to get faster shipping up there for you. Hope the bow gets there soon.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pictures of my replacement rig.

Quick Reply: '07 Bowtech update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.