Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A simple change..... a world of difference

Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 AM

Default RE: A simple change..... a world of difference

The nose button is something that I've been using for about 10+ years. Did I develop it? I don't know. It's just something that came to mind one day to establish a 'hunting' anchor point because the kisser was hard to feel when using a face mask.

It also, IMPO, is better for hunting than a kisser because it locates the eye on the string faster and gets you to the peep quicker and more effectively. I've found, as David willcomfirm, that the nose button keeps the head in a more 'upright' position.

What is it? Nothing more than relocating the kisser just below the peep. You must, however, put serving on the string. This is always necessary when using noks and will keep the unit from moving on a waxed string. I've also used large noks for some customers and had one customer recently want me to build up serving into a large bump. I used crossbow serving material in this case.

Frank: Youshould attend my seminar where you'd learn this and many more 'tricks' about archery form and equipment.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM

I call them Noser's? I use one when I shoot without a peep. I just put some serving or a small knot where the string touches my nose.

Paul
Old 04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

pictures? i always just cut a big enough oval out of my face mask to allow the kisser to slide into the corner of my mouth but the nose thing sounds like a plan.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

This info is great!

Only if Len is closer. I need my form check and my bow fine tuning.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I need my form check and my bow fine tuning.
No you don't... at least not at Len's. LOL He'll tell you exactly what he thinks. LOL He's an instructor and went to school years ago with this PSE guru, the Russian instructor.(I think he was Russian) Anyway, he can point out more flaws than you want to know. LOL And it's different from shot to shot. You'll let an arrow go and he'll say, "You know what you did wrong that time"? LOL. It's humbling. LOL The other day he was standing there face to face watching me and I let one go, well I creeped and jerked and let down and who knows what else. He just turned and walked away saying something like, "What was that". LOL I'm not a bad shot. I can shoot X's more than half the time, andGodknows I go into the zone with a deer in front of me, I just have momentary little glitzes, but he sees them all.