Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G5 meta peep

Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: G5 meta peep

And,I can buy 4 of the others for the price of the meta.
That'd be enough for me, right there.

I've got a 1/4" meta on my bowhunter/release class bow and haven't had any problems with it. Sure ticked me off with the price when I bought it, but it was the only 1/4" size in stock and I was needing one bad and in a hurry....
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, heard the same thing at my shop about that peep. This story is not about the metapeep, butI changed my peep the other day, well Len did. I wanted it reamed out a little. When he took it off he showed me where the strings had cut through the outside covering of my generic peep and there was a sharp little metal burr digging on the string. I guess just lots of shots and wear and tear. So, we put on a new one. Would never have seen it myself probably and no one could seen it as long as it was on the string. It could have very easily cut through some string strands.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

And,I can buy 4 of the others for the price of the meta.
That'd be enough for me, right there.

I've got a 1/4" meta on my bowhunter/release class bow and haven't had any problems with it. Sure ticked me off with the price when I bought it, but it was the only 1/4" size in stock and I was needing one bad and in a hurry....
I showed the guy at my pro shop and he said it's the first one he's seen but isn't surpised. Price is not worth it.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great to hear. Just put one on a few weeks ago.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problems with mine and I have had the G5 peep since day one on a 63# mathews outback
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may be a case of a bad batch that's still floating around. Or my Bowtech is just too much for the little meta!!! Just kidding on the second comment. It's just funny that I spent the extra money on a product that you expect to be superior. Oh well, that's life.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I retract all the good stuff I said about those darn peeps. I was shooting today and saw that yet another g5 as turned oval on me. It is not alot by no means but I cant deal with the bad quality and for the money. I can tell you that most of the ones egging are on high poundage bows. Len said today he was not gonna stock them anymore and I cant blame him if its a poor designed product why keep it.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that yours went south on you too. I'm wondering if how the magnesium is cast is the problem, not the design? Also, I'm still trying to figure out howsomeone could determine if they had aone from the bad set or the good set by just looking at the package? I have a feeling that they fed Len a line when they said the ones thatwere sent were from the new set.

I just sent G5 an email about this issue. I wonder what type of response a non dealer will get?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wonderful.

I couldn't find a singe 5/16 peep anywhere except the g5 and now this. Mine's only been on 2 months and so far it's OK. My luck, it'll oval overnight the night before opening day.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:55 PM

Anyone have an idea how long it takes to show a problem???
I put one on my B.I. a month ago but haven't shot much because of the weather. I just checked it and it's o.k. but I'll take it off now before I ruin a new set of VT strings.

Quick Reply: G5 meta peep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.