Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who shoots Easton Redlines for 3D here?

Old 12-15-2002, 04:42 PM

Default Who shoots Easton Redlines for 3D here?

What's y'alls feedback on Easton Redlines? Thanks....
Old 12-16-2002, 03:03 PM

Default RE: Who shoots Easton Redlines for 3D here?

My only complaint about them is the gloss finish. I think it makes the glue not stick as well as other shafts. Other than that, I really like them. I have 410s cut at 27.5", 100 grain points, and three 4" feathers. 347 grains and they are good for #69.4.

Old 12-16-2002, 04:18 PM

I havent shot mine yet but just recieved them in the mail today. I have to say they are some of the best looking arrows ive ever seen. After i get them fletched up ill let you know how they shoot.
ryan
Old 12-16-2002, 08:13 PM

X-Ring,

what glue and vane type you using? I've used AAE and super glue gel on most carbons with great results. I ordered some today, so we'll see.......
Old 12-17-2002, 09:08 AM

This is a greta arrow for 3-D and hunting. I use Duravanes with the Durvane glue and have no problems with the fletching coming off. I think a consideration you should look at for 3-D is the Carbon Express Line Jammers and the Vapor 23 Speed shaft. Both have the diamneter of a lareg 23 series aluminum arrow yet are a lot lighter.

The extra cutting diameter could com e in real handy on the 3-D course if you have a close shot & need just a fraction more to cut the line!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:55 AM

I shot redlines for about a year, and the only thing that I can say good about them is that they are light and a little faster than most carbons. I believe I went through 2 1/2 dozon redlines, in one 3D season. Not because I was missing the targets, but because they did not hold their integrety. I tend to shoot almost every day from april to august, during this time period I am shooting at 50yds almost every time. I noticed that when I first bought them that they grouped fairly tight(about 4&quot and they flew prety nice. After the arrow has shot about 100 shots they are shooting 8-10 inch groups and each arrow does not hit the same spot every time. When I switched to ACC's I shot the same 6 arrows for the whole 3D season, They started out shooting 3" groups and ended shooting 3" groups, they still flew nice and were still straight as an arrow.(No pun intended)Another problem I have with redlines is that when I bought them, I had to roll them to get the straight ones. One time I rolled 4 Dozen arrows and only got 1 dozen straight arrows, I find this very anoying. Comparing this to when I buy ACC's, all I have to do is pick out how many I want and pay for them. I would much rather have 1 dozen Acc's as oposed to 10 dozen redlines. I also don't believe that shooting ACC's and going 5 feet per second slower is such a big deal either. Just my 2 cents.