Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dropaway/setup question - high speed bow

Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dropaway/setup question - high speed bow

The wisker bisquit should only rob you of a few fps.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I know that the WB will sap a little speed from the arrow - anyone know (first hand) how much speed it will cost?

1-2 fps..........non issue.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Dave on his assesment of the QAD . 2 rests that Id recomend for a super fast bow would be

1 whammy by spot hog
2 trapdoor , I think montna black gold made these , they may be out of production

A dropzone by trophy ridge MIGHT work , or a limbdriver by vaportrail
Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Site Bouncer

Quick,

As you probably know I'm a fan of the Whisker Biscuit rest. However, I have also stated that I don't know what super high speeds will do to it. I'mso interested in finding out what would happen that I would be willing to send you one for free. I only ask that you set it up correctly (as I'm sure you would) so you may need to purchase a biscuit only (about $12.00) with the correct size opening.

PM me to let me know if you are interested and I will send it out free of charge. I have two styles to choose from and they are the basic W/B and the droptine model. The basic one is nice because you can adjust both vertical and horizontal where the droptine you can't and must move your nocking point to adjust the vertical. The droptineappears to a little sturdier than the original.The other style is the deluxe but I currently am using that one. My backup bow has the original one on it as I like the full adjustment of it, and never had an issue with any bending or braking of the rest.

Quick, let me know if you are interested and I will send it out. Even if you decide not to use it you can at least test the Biscuit out on a ultra fast bow.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM

try a muzzy zero effect and you'll never shoot another rest again,competitively or hunting!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 PM

MUZZY ZERO EFFECT
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm a Muzzy Zero fan too on my Darton Maverick with the recurve limbs. But ALAS, it doesn't work worth a flip on these parallel limb bows. It's a nightmare. Yes Muzzy, but not on this bow.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran

The arrow looks like it would move around too much even while resting at full draw on that first rest. there isn't a very big contact point and I know from other angles that the bristles are rounded to hold the arrows. But still doesn't seem to me to be enough. At the speeds you plan on shooting if your arrow jumps at all during release it could start banging around in the rest and end bad.

Supposedly there Muzzy does not work properly on parallel limb bows. i don't know because I haven't tried it at all on my bow.

I shoot the WB and there does not seem to be any problems over 300 fps.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'm a Muzzy Zero fan too on my Darton Maverick with the recurve limbs. But ALAS, it doesn't work worth a flip on these parallel limb bows. It's a nightmare. Yes Muzzy, but not on this bow.
I agree..........the MZE didn't work at all on my bow.

Check this one out.........simple and cheap to try.....no containment though.

http://www.alpinearchery.com/whisperfliterests.html
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM

I'll be the first to say, maybe the Air Rest would work the best?

Ugly and heavy...but...if it works....

Quick Reply: Dropaway/setup question - high speed bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.