Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip 30X Pro Arrows

Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gold Tip 30X Pro Arrows

I just got some 30X arrows and was wondering what length people get them cut at compared to their hunting arrows.

Obviously, weight is not a problem, at least in being too light. They are 10.4 gpi.

At 28.5" they would be apprx 296gr....as shafts. I had them fletched with 2.25" quikspins.

Also, what weight tip do you guys with 30X arrows use? Do you use glue in tips?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gold Tip 30X Pro Arrows

Another question.....does anyone use the 30X outdoors? Say, for 3D?

I also got some GT Series 22 shafts as well. I'm thinking they may be better suited for 3D since they are lighter.

Keep in mind, I've only shot 3D twice and it's new to me.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 30X Pros for indoors. They are so off the charts stiff that you can forget about getting them to spine, just cut them 1/2" in front of the rest or so. I put 150 grains up front for indoor season. I shot them outside last year also for 3D and they shot like darts for me with 100 grain points and blazers on the back.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

Ditto on what Rick says about the spine. They are so incredibly stiff that it would be nearly impossible to keep them long enough and get enough weight in the tip to spine them properly.

The 30X pro is a great indoor arrow, and probably can be used very effectively on the 3D course, however the sidewalls are not very durable. If you happen to be the first guy into the 10 ring you may get a couple of arrows broken due to collapsed sidewalls. Another consideration is performance in the wind. If you are shooting any appreciable distance and have a crosswind, the 30X pros have so much cross sectional area due to the fatter shafts, they will tend to drift more.

They are great arrows, however they were purpose built for linecutting. If that is what you are using them for, then I am sure you will be happy with them. If you expect that you can slap them together shot after shot into a target then you will end up with some very expensive tomato stakes.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:12 AM

for outdoors i like to cut mine about 2" longer just in case i damage the knock end and can recut it to save so money
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

Ditto on what Rick says about the spine. They are so incredibly stiff that it would be nearly impossible to keep them long enough and get enough weight in the tip to spine them properly.

The 30X pro is a great indoor arrow, and probably can be used very effectively on the 3D course, however the sidewalls are not very durable. If you happen to be the first guy into the 10 ring you may get a couple of arrows broken due to collapsed sidewalls. Another consideration is performance in the wind. If you are shooting any appreciable distance and have a crosswind, the 30X pros have so much cross sectional area due to the fatter shafts, they will tend to drift more.

They are great arrows, however they were purpose built for linecutting. If that is what you are using them for, then I am sure you will be happy with them. If you expect that you can slap them together shot after shot into a target then you will end up with some very expensive tomato stakes.
Aaaaah, the walls on a 30X pro are VERY thick. There is a lot of carbon in those. I managed almost an entire 3D season last year without a single arrow busted or broken and trust me when I say I put a lot of them in the X ring........lol. These have MUCH thicker walls than say a Pro 22.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TROPHYHUNTER25

for outdoors i like to cut mine about 2" longer just in case i damage the knock end and can recut it to save so money
I don't think that'll be much of a problem for me. I think that I'll only use these indoors for spots or vegas rounds. I won't be shooting them at the same target so busting a nock or end of the arrow shouldn't be a big deal.